Chapter 17

Jin felt someone shaking him and he groaned while opening his eyes.  There,  he saw his beloved, Namjoon looking back at him.  He smiled at first to see him but then he frowned when he saw the sad eyes.  "What's wrong,  Joonie? " The merman asked as he sat up on the bed.

"I have to get you out of here. " The prince answered and carried the merman in his arms.  Jin looked at him confused at what was happening.  "What's going on?"He asked softly as the prince opened the door,  looking around before going out of his chamber. 

He silently walked in the dark hallway as Jin looked around to see a bit of big portraits on the wall and the merman looked back at him.  " Joonie,  please tell me. " The prince sighed as they were at the dark throne room.  "You're not safe now,  Jin. My uncle found out and was planning to kill you after he's satisfied on what he will have. " The merman went rigid and fear started to grow in him. "I have to get you out of here,  I have to get you back to.... The sea where you will be safe. "

Jin didn't know what he was scared of.....

Getting killed or getting separated to the man he loved for years.

Namjoon looked around to see if any servants or palace guards were there but luckily,  there weren't.  He walked towards the big doors of the palace.  Relief filled Namjoon but soon was cut short as the lights of the chandelier turned on. 

"Where do you think you're going with that monster who kills our kind ? "

Namjoon turned around to see his uncle standing in the entrance of the throne room with his son and the palace guards who were shock once they saw the beautiful merman.  The prince cursed under his breath.  He glared at his relatives who we're smirking at them.  "Cousin,  I'm really disgusted and betrayed by you,  you have relationship with a merman. " His cousin scoffed and his uncle smirked.  "Why don't you just give that thing to me ? " He pulled out his sword,  pointing at the merman.  Jin whimpered and covered his face on his lover's shoulder,  shaking as he saw the sword pointing at him.

"I'm not going to let you touch him. " The prince growled and his uncle scoffed.  "Well,  I'm gonna kill you first and then I'll tell the whole kingdom on how foolish the prince is to fall in love with a merman who killed him." he then ran towards the prince with his sword above his head.  Namjoon quickly side stepped and ran towards the doors but he stopped as the guards blocked the doors so he wouldn't escape. 

Jin felt tears falling from his eyes and looked up at the prince who scoffed,  glaring at the guards.  "Joonie,  I'm scared. " He whimpered as he clutched his shirt. 

Then he heard footsteps running in the throne room.  He looked at the entrance to see his father with a sword in his hand. 

"What's going on? " The king asked  and looked around,  only his eyes stopped at the couple and then to his brother. 

"Your son is a pure disappointment.  He fell in love with a creature who killed our father. " He said as he stood up,  facing the king.  "Jin is a harmless boy,  he is not like the others. "The king argued back. " Oh, so that thing has a name. " The other brother scowled at him.  The king glared at him.  "I won't let you hurt Jin nor my son. " He said and attacked his brother. 

Seung–Ho ran towards the couple with his sword and Namjoon side–stepped again to avoid his cousin's attacks. 

Jin has never been scared of his life.