Chapter 4

The next morning, Namjoon decided to surprise Jin because he felt bad that he doesn't remember his birthday. He decided that it would be today.

Namjoon was walking in the castle garden, admiring at the flowers with colorful butterflies fluttering in the air.

While walking around the garden, something caught his eyes

While walking around the garden, something caught his eyes. He walked closer and he got a close up of a pink geraniums.

The pink geranium reminded Namjoon of Jin's pink mermaid tail and his pink hair

The pink geranium reminded Namjoon of Jin's pink mermaid tail and his pink hair. He smiled and started to pick three stems of geraniums and tied it with a white ribbon to make a bouquet. He looked at it, feeling satisfied and headed back inside the castle to his room.

He opened the bathroom door with the bouquet behind his back. Jin looked up from his tail and smiled at him. Namjoon smiled back, walking on the steps and sat down. Jin swam towards him and leaned against the tub.

"Hi Jinnie."

"H-hello Joonie."

"I know that you don't remember your birthday but I decided that it will be today." He said and took the bouquet from his back and showed it to Jin.

Jin looked at the bouquet with amazement and wonder. He slowly took it from Namjoon and admired the flowers. "A-are these flowers?" Jin asked and in response, Namjoon nodded.

"This bouquet is called Geranium, it means true friendship." He explained and Jin smiled wider, feeling so happy that he hugged Namjoon tightly.

"Thank you, Joonie." He said and the young prince hugged back. "You're welcome." He replied. The merboy pulled away slightly and kissed his cheek innocently making Namjoon so red, his heartbeat quickened than the normal pace.

Jin pulled away and looked at the geranium with adoration. "This even matches my tail." He giggled and lifted  his tail, comparing it to the bouquet. Namjoon laughed.

"So, how old would you be?" He asked and the merboy shrugged. Namjoon observed him from head to tail and comes with a conclusion.

"You seem older than me like....two years so you must be eight now." Namjoon said being a smart kid with advance intellect.

"Oh okay. I-I'm happy t-that I'm already e-eight." Jin stuttered.

The rest of the day in Jin's birthday, Namjoon spent a lot of time with the merboy. 

But would their friendship last longer after ten years will pass?