Chapter 6

The next day, Namjoon was in the library, picking a book for Jin to read.

His father was there too. He looked at his son with a raised eyebrow. "Are you gonna let Jin read stories?" The king asked out of the blue,making the prince jumped and looked at his father.

"Y-yeah, Jin is curious." He said and the king chuckled walking up to his son. "Jin is always curious about everything."

The king then looked at the books and took one out. "By the way, we'll roam around the kingdom to check the people after you give Jin the book; I'll wait for you outside." The king said, walking out of the library with a book in his hand.

Namjoon nodded and he finally took out a book that caught his eyes.

The book was light blue with gold letterings that titled, "Fault In Our Stars". 

He walked out of the library with the book, heading back to his chamber. He opened and closed the bathroom door to find Jin humming with his eyes closed.

"Jinnie."

Jin opened his eyes to see Namjoon on the steps. He smiled and crawled towards him.

"I'll be gone for a while with father. I brought you a book to read so that you won't be bored." He said and handed it to Jin.

Jin looked at the book cover with curiosity. "Fault In Our Stars?" He questioned while reading the title.

"You'll find this interesting once you read this." Namjoon said. "It's a romantic story." The prince stood up and fixed his clothes.

"I have to go, my father is waiting for me." He said and Jin pouted.

"I wish I could go with you." He said sadly. Namjoon kneeled in front of him and grabbed his chin, lifting it up to face him.

" I wanted to take you with me but you should know that the people here in Royaume would kill you once they'll find out." He said and stroked Jin's cheek.

Jin sighed sadly, nodding his head while looking down then he looked back up at him.

"Please come back here when you're done." Jin said with pout that the prince couldn't resist.

Namjoon nodded while patting his pink hair. "I will, Jinnie." He said and walked to the door.

"Be safe with father, Joonie." The Merman said and the prince smiled at him, before he left.

Jin sighed and looked at the book again and he stroked the cover with his fingers, before opening it to read.

🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊

Namjoon and his father were inside the carriage as they travelled around the kingdom to check the people.  Namjoon spotted a flower shop from the carriage's window. He thought about giving Jin a bouquet so he told the coachman to halt, making his father confuse.