My Bad

"Okay okay run that whole thing by me one more time but Lance try to use less of your arms, flailing them while you talk at a hundred miles per hour is more terrifying then helpful. Pidge I need you to take a few deep breaths and explain it again." Pidge did just that, stopping her endless mumbling to take in a few needed breaths. Lance followed suit, his eyes giving off a worried like droop. Shiro stood in his usual tall and calm posture that all the paladins admired. 

Pidge after a few more moments raised her head to once again meet eye contact with the black paladin, now in a more calm like state. "I had been working on a device that I thought would assist us against Zarkon." Shiro gave a interested eyebrow raise, signalling for more of a continuation to her explanation but she simply shook her head. No words seemed to want to escape her as they sat choked up within her throat. Pidge shoot Lance a look of desperateness, basically begging him to give in some input to the conversation. After merely shifting his weight from one foot to another a couple times the blue paladin finally began his usual babbling.

"Pidge wanted to test it out. She promised us that it was thoroughly checked and had such a little chance of any mess ups. Pidge being Pidge I thought it was one hundred percent safe if she believed it to be." 

"Is there a hole in the castle wall? Did you destroy a whole room with it or something? I'm not mad or anything if you so did but i'm sure Allura is the one you should be chatting to about this matter if that is the case." He folded his arms making him look even more like a father figure. Lance hated the feeling of being scolded only making his worrying skyrocket even higher. 

"Not exactly..." Pidge almost silently muttered out. After a small lull of silence between the three Pidge shook her head once again and turned herself towards where the two had came from prior to their encounter with Shiro. "Just follow me." What they were dealing with was something better described by visual examples than just mere speech and descriptions. Shiro gave a small hesitant nod having little to no real idea what he was about to witness. The past events that he had witnessed of the paladins shenanigans could be jaw-dropping at times only furthering his ever so growing curiosity. He quickly pushed the endless seeming questions that infiltrated his brain to the back of his mind, using his head to mentally prepare himself for whatever damage that the two most troublesome paladins had created could possibly be. 

Pidge led the two other awkwardly silent paladins through a vastly familiar narrow corridor, making only a few sharp turns when needed. None dared to utter a single word as they continued forth. Lance scratched the inside of his palm harshly before pressing down hard enough to almost draw blood. This was in hopes that he would awake from what had come to seem like a dream. 

"Here we are." The sudden sound of words made Lance's heart stop in a newfound emotion of fear only to go back to a calm rhythm. Shiro gave her a side glance and granted a acknowledging nod before stepping forth to the cold metal door that stood before them. He extended his hand out and placed it upon the scanning pad, letting it do its work before it gave off a quiet ding and creaked open. Pidge and Lance both took a look at each other as the other made his way inside the room. 

They both waited outside patiently, prepared at any given moment to hear a harsh tone announce their names. When that didn't come to be they gave another confused look at one another. 

"Should we check?" Lance suggested taking a few steps toward the slightly opened door, hoping maybe to see through the crack to which failed and only granted him the colour of the rooms interior walls. 

"I mean it wouldn't hurt to, would it?" Pidge answered back with a hint of humour which succeeded to lighten the tense air around them if even a little. With her answer he did the same motion that Shiro had before, waiting for the almost inaudible ding of the door to play. When it opened both Lance and Pidge made haste into the room and found what was the most unexpected sight they ever did think they would see within the room they now stood in.

Shiro cradled a tiny figure in his arms, his face calm and warm. His body swayed back and forth in a comforting motion as his lips moved slowly, signalling that he was whispering. The nearly fully hidden figure shifted in the bulkier mans arms, giving off the most adorable and lighthearted cooing sound. When Shiro had heard that said sound his face lit up in ways none of the paladins had ever seen or even dreamed of seeing. A real genuinely content smile spread across the males face as he looked down upon the body that laid within his gentle embrace.

"I don't know what you were trying to make Pidge or why we would attempt to use it but...how did this exactly happen?" He asked with most of his attention still attached to the small figure, who now managed to wiggle his way higher up in the arms that wrapped around him like a protective mothers.

Lance twiddled his thumbs innocently, getting a harsh slap to the back by Pidge whose glare could make anyone wet themselves. "Alright alright ow! It was my fault okay! I thought it would be funny to point that device thing at Keith after he made fun of one of my truly amazing comebacks!"

Pidge pushed her glasses that had fallen to the bridge of her nose up before putting in her part of the event. "This device was made to send the attacker into a child like mindset not into their previous baby body or even state." Before she could add anymore details the little body flailed his arms up at Shiro's face, giving off little puffing sounds. He reached up and couldn't quite reach the mans cheeks, only managing to grab a hold of his chin, squeezing it with minimal force. 

Shiro gave a little nuzzle to the infants head before looking back at the two. "Well we'll definitely need to figure out how to undo this but...for now we should try and put together our babysitting skills. Keith depends on it."