Late Night Temper

It was an endless roar of sobbing that awoke the teenage blue paladin from his deep sleep. Lance looked around hastily before tilting his head down to only see a big floof of hair and nothing more as the rest was mushed against him, making it difficult to make out any facial expressions. Another holler made the hair on the back of his neck stand and instinctively he placed a hand on the infants forehead, it didn't feel too warm rather it felt quite normal. With that option of why he was crying thrown straight out the window the blue paladin swiftly shifted a hand down the back of the infant, slowly until he reached the questionable diaper Allura had offered him to use as she had excitedly scavenged through her past baby items. 

His face contorted into a slight hint of "Oh come on" despite knowing full well that this occurrence was normal for babies. He gave Keith a few gentle pats upon his back, letting the poor uncomfortable body calm down if even a tad bit.

"It's okay buddy good ol Lance here will make you feel a thousand times better very soon," he spoke with almost a hushed voice as he managed to get the infant to settle down a notch. Despite his continuous squirming his cries had died down to almost a whisper, making Lance breathe a short sigh of relief. He continued to distract Keith with reassuring coe's as he frantically searched through every drawer underneath his bed, knowing for sure he had placed the diapers inside his bedroom earlier. 

"Ance!" The simple name that was once to merely introduce himself with or to be pulled out from a crowd was now used to instantly shatter his life and whole being in the tiny squeaky voice that spoke it. He turned over to the small figure that laid flopped upon the bed, face half mushed into the fluffy blanket as he watched the other who searched around hectically in pure awe. He extended a small chubby arm out, making a weak attempt to grab a small tuff of Lance's brown hair. 

Lance let out a content chuckle, shaking his head lightly. He leaned his body over slightly to allow the infant to get a grasp on his hair, hoping it could make the heartbreaking sniffling finally come to an end. He almost screeched with pure excitement when his hand slide over a familiar soft texture. 

"Aha!" With one swift grab and pull out came a medium size package of the sketchy alien diapers and Lance couldn't help it but grin at Keith who just tilted his head in clear confusion. Oh how he was in for the best part of the whole ordeal. If Keith wasn't crying and pouting now he sure would be in a matter of minutes.

~~~~~~

Lance was right, he knew he was right even before he had scooped up the small body and leisurely carried him to the small table that was set up in the corner of his bedroom. "Now Keith just be nice to me for this one time and keep your pouting to a minimum." That only caused the ugly frown on his face to turn even more downwards. If Keith had the energy to cross his arms he would of at that very moment, Lance was sure of it.

He had to dodge the frail attempts at striking him as the blue paladin gently began the process. "Keith please buddy old pal, samurai.." That made his squirming stop only to release a frustrated groan. "I know I know you hate this just as much as I hate it but you'll only be more uncomfortable and frustrated if I don't do this..." They both probably hated it for different reasons though. It pained Lance to see what used to be his former rival in such a state and this much distressed.

He reached for one of the prior discarded toys on the bedroom floor, bringing it up to Keith's face and giving it a few jiggles. Keith's eyes were wide again with curiosity and Lance gave no time before handing the item to him. A few aw's escaped him when the tiny body snuggled his face against the objects. This distraction had given Lance just enough time to peel off the diaper and discard it, bending down to the bag to obtain yet another new one. 

"Now Keith just work with me here alright...right after this is done me and you can go back and hit the hay," Lance spoke in a soft cooing tone. Keith had seemed to agree as he just gave off a light yawn, stretching out as he was clearly worn out from his late night temper tantrum. Lance gave a sigh of relief, wrapping up the ends of the diaper. It was as if he had just climbed Mount Everest, exhausted and already half asleep. 

Keith cooed when he felt the protective arms cradle his body into a small hug. Lance trailed the room for a few moments, going around in mini circles rocking Keith lightly. Keith had tried to fight back his threatening eyelids that kept pressuring to close until he lost that fight too and rested his chubby head against the others chest. Lance stopped his pacing once the soft puffs of air came out of the infant, indicating he was now fast asleep again.