I'm So Sorry

"Lance don't you be flinging that thing around alright? It's got some serious power with...some minor errors," Pidge spoke with an underlining of fear. Knowing the blue paladin meant understanding his tendency to get ahead of himself. Lance brushed off her warnings and continued on his digging through various different machinery and little trinkets the green paladin had been working on. 

"Hey Keith look at this!" The other perked his head up from his own searching and was met with an odd gun like weapon pointed straight at him. He gave off a small laugh and raised his hands above his head, standing up slowly. 

"Lets not get ahead of ourselves alright? Pidge already told you once that these weapons are dangerous, pointing one straight at me isn't the smartest idea. It's to be expected of you not to have the brightest ideas though," he said calmly while planting a mocking grin upon his face. Lance's eyebrows furrowed and a hushed groan escaped him. He was sick of being belittled by everyone in the group but especially by Keith. Keith seemed to go out of his way to belittle him and it was starting to reach Lance's breaking point. In a small motion he stepped closer which caused a reaction in the red paladin. His once calm composure turned into a more tense and fearful stance. Lance felt a minor sense of pride course through him, now seeing the other more high-strung. 

"Lance enough messing around. That weapon hasn't been fully tested yet and if you hit Keith with it who knows what will happen!" Pidge made way to Lance's side and reached for the object. Lance raised his arms out of Pidge's reach and gave out a low chuckle. 

"Shortie"

"Idiot." 

"Will you two please just get over your little feud. Lance just put down the weapon please, this isn't funny anymore. If Pidge doesn't trust it, you defiantly shouldn't either." Lance gave his attention back to the other more panicked looking paladin. 

"Pidge didn't trust you being a part of our team but I did. Are you saying I should have never trusted you to be a part of Voltron? Should I have doubted you?" That made everyone drop silent. Keith's eyes fell to the ground along with his hands as they dropped back to his sides. Pidge gave a look of disgust but also sadness. Lance felt a hard pain course through him, a small shock of some sorts. Guilt poured its way through his very being. He wanted to apologize, he wanted to look at Keith and tell him he was happy to have him on his team but when the blue paladin looked up all he saw was more broken connections. Whenever he felt like he finally was getting close to the other, he did something to snap that tie. He couldn't comfort him like he did his siblings and the other paladins. Keith never listened to what he had to say. It's like they lived in two separate worlds that could never connect. This tore at Lance.

"Keith...look i'm sorry for what I just said it...it was the heat of the moment," Lance spoke slow. Keith clenched hard against his arm before huffing. He didn't look at the others and simply turned back to searching from before. Pidge purposely hit her side into Lance before making way back to her computer. Leaving Lance to dwell in his thoughts again. There was only the sound of clicking and clacking of metals. 

"Pidge what is this one even for?" The green paladin squinted her eyes towards what the red paladin held. In his palm was a smaller device, filled with a cluster of colours and looked almost kiddish. She scurried over and knelt down, seeming to be amazed by her own work. Its glow radiated meters away. 

"I believe that this was one of my newer inventions. Made to convert your attacker into a more baby like mental state. Never tested it out before." Her own sentence seemed to trigger something inside of her. "How about we give this invention a try? I thoroughly checked it and made sure all of my calculations were accurate. Seeing how it works on a living organism is what truly is the best part of an invention." Both Keith and Lance turned to each other and than the device. 

"Not me."

"Not me either." 

Keith's eyes narrowed as he snagged the device from Pidge's hands. "Lance seems to be willing how about we give him what he wants." It didn't take long for the other to stomp over and grip onto the other end of the object.

"You seem to be jumping all over the idea mullet." 

"I insist. You deserve this." Both growling and clearly angered, they fought like children over it. Pulling it back and forth in a show of strength.

"What? Is the amazing Lance's strength too much for scrawny Keith?" 

Keith hissed out a laugh as he seemed to start winning the fight. "You really are full of yourself huh? You constantly try and make yourself the spotlight. Don't even get me started on your comebacks."  Smaller insults were thrown out before Lance, in a quick motion flicked out his leg, making Keith clench his gut in pain. Within seconds Lance pointed the device straight at a horrified Keith and pressed without any further hesitation. He breathed out heavy breaths and let his tense body slump. He heard Pidge's shouting but it soon faded as the whole world began to spin around. He felt like he was dreaming, stuck in an endless loop of guilt. There was the faint sound of crying that only intensified, he felt the urge to protect that being but also the feeling to cry. The tears just started falling, he didn't care to stop them now. 

His body felt like it was being tugged on. Pulling him away from this nightmare of a situation.

"Ance" The small voice snapped him awake, he glanced down at the concerned looking infant. Lance raised his hand slowly to his cheek to wipe away running tears before placing his head against the others.

"I'm so sorry Keith."