Munch

Allura was the last to board back onto the castle. Pidge let out a huge yawn and Hunk followed suit not long after. Coran had pulled Shiro off to the side in a frantic manner. Leaving both Lance and Keith to go about their business in peace. Keith sat snug in the others arms, glancing around at all the familiar sites of the castle. Lance glanced down from time to time, smiling at the fact that Keith seemed to be a lot more comfortable here than he was surrounded by crowds of people. It was only to be expected, older Keith was the definition of a introvert, why wouldn't baby Keith be the same? Keith gave out a small coo as he reached towards the kitchen, most likely aching for something to munch on. 

"Feeling a little hungry are we buddy?" Lance spoke calmly and quickly made way to the kitchen, it was a known fact not to keep Keith waiting when he was hungry. Lance placed the small chubby body in his highchair and went on the daily adventure of finding something edible. Keith seemed more calm then usual. He normally would make impatient huffing and shift around in his seat. Today though he sat calmly, not making a peep. This both relieved and worried the blue paladin. Letting the small change slide to the back of his mind he grabbed a sweet smelling fruit and began to slice it into fine pieces. 

The only sound that flooded the room was the sound of a knife hitting the board and both of the boy's breathing. Lance hadn't had this kind of silence in a long time, it felt soothing. It had been something he craved like his mother's cooking. Of course he loved listening to Keith's babbling and was always up to calm him down when he threw a tantrum but everyone needs some time to just be alone in their own head. Without that small pocket of time it could drive anyone insane. Lance turned his head to the side, checking up on him. Keith simply stared at the empty tray in front of him, running his hand along the smooth surface in admiration. 

"Something peeking your interest there bud? It'll be full of some fruit in a few moments, just need to finish up some more cutting." He didn't get a coo or anything but yet he got a nod. Keith reached to his hair and started to twirl it, distracting himself from Lances confused gaze. Not focusing himself, Lance sliced the knife down on his finger causing him to mutter out a sharp 'quiznack'. The cut was small but painful like a paper-cut. "Why was each day seeming to get weirder and weirder?" He thought to himself as he wrapped the stinging wound with a tissue, not really caring about it at the time. Everyday Keith seemed to change in the slightest of ways. As if he was maturing. He wiped a fake tear away and thought "Oh how they grow up so fast" He shook his head lightly, giggling a bit at himself. 

"Alright Keithy I got your food ready," he said, placing the fruit slices on the tray in front of a hungry eyed Keith. It didn't take long for the little one to dive into the sweet, candy-like food. He smiled brightly, munching but cherishing each one. Lance sat at the table and watched, it always made him happy to see the other healthy and fed. It gave him that motherly feel but also a feeling of relief. He never was one to help himself but helping others meant more to the blue paladin. Keith placed the last piece of fruit into his mouth and seemed to chew it for centuries before giving his tummy a pat. He made eye contact with Lance and with a huge satisfied smile upon his face he spoke. 

"Twank you."