Developing

"Guys! Lance wasn't in his room when I went to go check on him! Where could he have gone?" Allura took in a panicked breath as her mind spun around like a hurricane. "Was I too harsh? Maybe I crossed the line. I never know with you humans!" 

"Uhh Allura..." She finally looked up at the others as her eyes had been previously planted on a map, detailing the in's and outs of the castle. A quick look of confusion took over her. Lance sat beside Keith, who looked more than thrilled to see him again. She mouthed a small 'oh' before shaking her head and walked back out of the room. Keith laughed quietly before slumping back against Lance.

"You surely grew a lot from when I last saw you," Lance said as he examined Keith. His hair had grown longer. His face was less chubby, along with the rest of his body. He was even significantly taller, now standing at a mighty foot in length. Keith just simply nodded, seeming to be more interested in his drawing then anything else.

"He's been getting better with his reading and writing. Speaking is still mediocre but i'm sure it's nothing to be too concerned about." Lance shrugged at Shiro.

"Maybe not but at the same time I still worry." Both understood each other's worries. Keith would make a minor groan or noise of pain when he moved sometimes. Indicating that he was growing. Growing pains were never really something to fear but his were rapid and endless. Lance didn't know how much time the team had left with tiny Keith, but he was going to make the best of it. He glanced down at Keith, who scribbled colourful lines around an oddly shaped lion.

"Is there anything you want to do buddy?" This caught Keith's attention and he stopped his scribbling. He seemed to ponder for a few moments before responding.

"I wanna go see the stars! I rewember watching you gwo out there!" There was an excited sparkle within his eyes that Lance couldn't deny. He bounced in place a little, the thought of seeing the stars again thrilling. Lance laughed lightly before a smile made its way to his face. 

"Alright we can do that, right Shiro?" 

"You two can go on without me, i'm going to stay behind and discuss some battle plans with Allura." Lance looked at him confused. They hadn't been met with any attacks or problems in weeks, battle plans didn't seem necessary at the time. It wasn't until Shiro gave him a small smile and a gesture to go on ahead without him, did the blue paladin realize what the other was doing. He hadn't seen or spent time with Keith in a long while. Lance nodded back in a thankful manner. Keith tugged on the others arm impatiently and gave off a small whine.

"Okay okay, come on you let's go see the stars." Keith giggled with joy and slowly got himself up, wobbling just a tiny bit. "Do you want any help?" He shook his head furiously, a new found sense of independence sweeping through him. Lance watched as slowly but surely Keith made use of his legs. They began their slow paced walk to the front of the castle.

~~~~

Keith wouldn't take his face off the window. His eyes traced over every little star, planet and really anything floating around in space. Lance sat in his chair just watching. Silence was sometimes nice, it lets you take in the moment fully. Keith paced back and forth, scanning around for more sights to see.

"Ance! Look!" He pointed out to a more brightly coloured comet that shot by quickly. Lance laughed and nodded.

"It's pretty neat out there. Maybe soon you'll even be able to go and see it through your lion." Keith gave him an excited coo.

"Really?" He slowly made way to the blue paladin.

"Of course. Soon you'll be all grown up and able to do endless amounts of things. Ride the lion, come with us to meetings etcetera!" Keith gave off a puking noise when Lance mentioned meetings. He plopped down beside the other and kept his focus mainly on the view outside.

"When I grow up..." Lance waited for Keith to finish yet Keith just sat there, silent for what seemed like ages before finally reopening his mouth.

"I wanna do those things with you."