Agreeing

"Can you please just tell me where we are going? Your silent treatment is both unnerving and uncomfortable," spoke Lance as Pidge simply flashed him a glance. Lance gave off an annoyed huff as the tension from their last altercation still stuck within the air. 

Pidge had knocked and entered without further warning, catching Lance in surprise. He had expected Hunk or maybe even Coran again, but seeing the green clothes behind the door he felt his mind go bitter. She spoke no words and her face stayed neutral. Before Lance could ask what was going on Pidge grabbed the others arm and hastily made way down the corridor. 

"Pidge please say something. I understand we're both still grumpy over the last fight but you're really acting like a child right now. That says a lot coming from me you know." He tried to add a hint of humour in hopes it would spark some small talk, luckily that seemed to do the trick. 

"I found a lead towards a medication to assist Keith's growth. I wanted you to examine it." She sounded embarrassed, which only fueled the blue paladins pride more. He smirked wide before speaking. 

"You need the oh so amazing Lance to examine one of your inventions? What has made you so desperate that you need my assistance or did you finally realize my expertise?" He couldn't help but let out a small laugh. Pidge's face grew red with both embarrassment and anger.  

"I can ask literally anyone else in this castle! Even Keith i'm sure he could give me more insight than you could ever give me!" She huffed like a mini-bull, ready to charge at Lance as if he was covered in a red blanket. Lance placed his hand onto the others head and gave a few comforting pats.

"I'm messing with you Pidge, relax a little." She pulled her head away from his touch and scowled even more. 

"Let's just get to the lab now. I'm sick of this useless banter. The faster we get Keith back to his former self the faster everything can go back to normal. We will be able to fight as Voltron again and be saviors. Isn't that what you want too Lance?" She wasn't wrong, that is half of what he wanted. To get the title defender of the universe and have millions adoring him, yet there was more to what he wanted. He wanted to help people, give them their lives back and make sure they were protected. 

"We shouldn't just aim to be praised." Pidge nodded in agreement. 

"Exactly, you finally seem to be coming around to that. At the beginning of this whole journey that's all you seemed to want." Before Pidge could continue, Lance cut her off sharply.

"You shouldn't assume what people want and don't want. You haven't seemed to be getting any of your predictions right so far. So just stick to math Pidge, its what you're good at." The too eyed each other like mad dogs. Pidge harshly placed her hand on the doors security pad and waited until it allowed her in. Lance followed in behind her. 

Lance took a quick look around. Nothing seemed to have changed except for papers that laid idle on the ground. Pidge walked to a large table, grabbing a small bottle with blueish liquid inside of it. She gave it a few swishes side to side until fizz formed in the mixture. She mumbled 'come here' under her breath and Lance did so. He eyed it closely, it looked rather violent. The liquid sizzled and spat at any open space within the bottle, it almost seemed like it was alive.

"I really don't think that's safe to consume Pidge." She sighed lightly before placing it back on the table.

"That's what I was assuming. I've tried everything! It's making me so frustrated how nothing seems to be working. Either it does nothing or it causes immense side effects." Lance could see the exhaustion in the green paladin. "How long has she been at this?"  Thought Lance as he looked back at the bottle. 

"Maybe we just need to wait it out Pidge." She looked at him with tired eyes.

"This might be the first time I actually agree with you."