Fussy lil Keith

Lance gave Hunk multiple comforting pats on the back as his dishes were being rejected one after another. "I-I'm sure he will eat the next one!" Lance managed to say with as much confidence as he could. A splatter of some alien goo stained his shirt from one of Shiro's poor attempts to feed whatever the substance was to the ever so picky Keith. 

"There's no way he wont like this one!" Coran chimed in with high amounts of enthusiasm which was not really surprising due to the fact he never seemed to not have high spirits. "Just look at how delicious it proceeds to be! The luscious smell of altean roses!" His intense sniffing only caused a slight ew or eughh... from the others gathered around the table. Pidge merely sighed, pushing her fallen glasses back up her face before stuffing another spoonful of her own share into her gob.

"Back to what Lance had said Hunk, there's no way he will reject all of them." Her mellowness seemed to calm the yellow paladin whose figure looked worn and tired from the endless hours of trial and error within the kitchen. None dared to even peek inside the interior of it, in fear of being haunted by the memories of pure chaos. 

"I'll go grab it than. Try to at least talk him into eating it or something for me? Please?" Hunk spoke tiredly before making his exit from the dining area and back to the kitchen. Lance gave out a sigh before turning his body to the side to glance down at Keith. Allura had managed to find an old baby high-up chair from her youthful days and gladly handed it over for Keith's use. It had defiantly made feeding time almost fifty percent easier, with the option of him wiggly away or ending up on the back of one of them again nearly out the window. 

Lance knelt down so he was eye level with the fussy infant, wiping off some discarded crumbs from the sides of his mouth which was turned brutally into a harsh pout. "I know I know...it may not be the best food in the world but if its coming from Hunk its at least a eight out ten in any book no matter where the ingredients came from. Now if you could just eat some of it, it would help us a million." Lance made sure he did his best puppy eyes, mixes of blue merely sparkling towards the chubby baby seated before him. Keith's mouth went from down right down to half way and than finally into a little smile as he giggled. Lance went to giggle back when he felt something smear across his face, the texture making him want to gag. 

"Hey Lance I think you got a little something on your face," Pidge said with high amounts of sass, her laugh not being hidden in any sort of way. Moving his hand to meet his now gross feeling cheek, he cupped the hand that kept up its mischievous action. Without hesitation the blue paladin scooped up a tiny handful of the substance and did the same to the other small red paladin. The giggling instantly stopped, the gentle touches of the smearing hand stopping with it. 

"Lance! You don't do that to a chi-" Before Shiro could finish his sentence the fits of giggles roared out again, this time with more evilness lurking within it. Keith rubbed his face, gathering what seemed like all the goo he could handle and threw it straight at the unsuspecting males face. Dumbfounded and confused Lance blinked before doing the same. 

After what seemed like a few throws, Lance snapped his head towards Pidge and chucked. Catching her off guard it hit her square in the face, causing a low growl to emerge as she too scooped up food. "Bring it lover boy." 

"FOOD FIGHT!" Coran yelled out of nowhere only to join in, hitting Shiro hard in the abdomen with what seemed like an alien fruit.

Screaming started filled with laughter and squeaks. Than came the ultimate chaos when Lance head-shot Allura. Everyone watched in horror as the food ran down her face ever so slowly, smacking the floor with a small thud. "Lance." Her tone was emotionless and cold. 

"Yes?" He knew what was coming. Oh how he wanted to see his mother again and to sleep just one more night while listening to Beyonce before his ultimate fate that was sealed to happen after a unfortunate food fight incident. What came next was the least expected thing he had thought of. The Altean princess strolled over leisurely, cupping his tanned freckled cheeks with her feather soft hands. His face turned into a bright red tomato but before he could do his typical sneaky flirty lean in and steal the kiss, his mouth was stuffed with the most bitter and sour food the blue paladin had ever thought he had tasted in his life. He coughed every last bit up before staring back up at her in pure embarrassment and slight disappointment.

"Hm I guess the food really isn't that great huh?" She had gone back to her usual playful self as the others laughed to Lance's misfortunes. All kept up the humour filled air but the small infant sitting idle in the chair had a different mood. They stopped when they heard sniffling and than whimpers coming from a lower direction. Lance's mother switch turned on rapidly quick, making him forget about his just extremely embarrassing moment and his whole being made way to the uneasy noises, bending down to give him comforting coos.

"Hey hey its okay little guy. Are you starving? I'm sure Hunky wunky is going to be back fairly soon okay you just need to be a little more patient," Lance spoke softly, stroking the soft black hair out of the younger paladins eyes that were laced with nearly invisible tears. A small hand grabbed a hold of one of his larger fingers, stopping him from his stroking motion. He titled his head slightly to the side, giving his full attention now to the infant who had stopped his whining and near crying to look at him with those soft violet eyes again. The hand that held his finger let go only to reach forward and wipe along Lance's cheek, only managing to scrap off a few small pieces of food from Lance's face. The face Keith was making made their hearts melt. It was a pure mix of focus and caring, the most melted one of them all was Lance who wanted nothing more than to just bear hug the little being in his arms until he could hear those heavenly giggles once again. 

The heart warming moment came to end when heavy steps came from the entrance. Hunk carried one tray of a purple like goo, seeming to have bits of alien fruit inside of it. His face screamed need for sleep as his hand that carried the plate trembled. "This is the last one...anything else will surely not be edible or even have a chance to remotely taste good," he groaned out making way to the others and ignoring the chaotic mess around him that littered every inch and corner of the dining hall from the past event.

Lance glanced at the plate, pondering for a few ticks before an idea popped into his head. Shiro and Allura had been the only two to attempt at feeding Keith to which only be granted with huffs and puffs from him. He spoke out his plan.

"Hey Hunk how about I try feeding Keith this time?" Hunk just blinked a few beats before releasing another sigh and handing him the plate of purple alien goop.

"Whatever you're planning please just make sure it works." With that Lance took hold of the dish and gave the bigger paladin a small nod, looking back down at Keith who clenched his stomach in clear hunger. A small whine came from him as he now could smell the food that laid in front of him. Lance grabbed the spoon that sat on the high-chairs tray and proceeded to scoop up a spoonful of the dish.

"Now Keith I want you to eat this okay? You just need to give it a chance okay?" The blue paladin looked into the others eyes for reassurance and permission to move the utensil closer. When he heard a small coo he took it as a chance and began his move towards the mouth of the infant. Everyone watched in anticipation, bewildered by how far Lance had come. When the spoon touched his lips Keith seemed to flinch back but not enough to fully move away like he had done all the other times. Shiro placed two hands on the Cuban males shoulder, giving Keith a small heartfelt father like smile.

"You're doing so good Keith." With the praise it had pushed Keith to open his mouth with some hesitation and Lance made haste to plop the food goo into his gob. At first their was a strange disgusted face contorted upon the babies face to which slowly over some fairly slow chewing due to the vast lack of teeth in his mouth. When there was the an almost inaudible sound of a swallow they all gasped as the small red paladins mouth opened again, eyes shining with a sense of need. 

Lance and Shiro internally cried with tears of joy as Hunk was passed out on his chair from lack of sleep. Allura popped into the boys little celebration and spoke.

"I believe feeding him bottles would of been an easier solution instead of attempting to feed him these dishes." Both death glared her with intensity. "Y-you know..."

"What do you mean bottles?!? You have bottles!?" 

"Well not at the moment but at a space mall...." 

"WE COULD OF AVOIDED THIS WHOLE SITUATION!"