Pay Attention!

Little tapping sounds of footsteps scurried across the metal floor. His small slightly muffled giggle was kept to himself as the tiny body made way closer to its destination. A harsh light shined through a large gape from the door and a small pale hand shielded its blinding light. At first there was silence within the room until familiar sounding voices rang through his ear like soothing chimes of bells. He crawled the rest of the way to the doorway, not quite being used to his feet just yet. He peeked in briefly to see a scrawny yet tall body, a short and slightly slouched body and the final being a little more plump. Without hesitation he continued his crawling journey towards them. 

The voices only spoke on, as if they hadn't even noticed his existence in the room. The raven haired infant stopped to plop himself beside the plumper yellow paladin who seemed to be the quietest one out of the three. When no one said the name 'Keith' or even remotely glanced at him, he gave off a small coo. No response. He made another one with a little hint of impatience. Still no response, not even a single glance. He felt his eyebrows furrow and the tiny fists once nicely placed upon his lap, clench in a rising pit of anger. 

The paladins knew he hated to be ignored, just a simple look or smile was enough to satisfy the young paladin. It was odd from his teenage self who would rather you think he was invisible than actually try and engage him in anything. Lance was always good at noticing the infant right off the bat, especially when he was wanting to play his favourite game of hide and chase. Keith had a thing for hiding in relatively the same places, sometimes being creative and hiding on the back of one of the paladins, primarily Shiro. But Lance hadn't even noticed him as Pidge glared into his soul.

"Lance I told you! This needs to happen! Quit being so selfish already," she huffed out, angrily pushing her glasses up and back to her eyes. Lance opened his mouth to retort something back, his face in pure rage but luckily Hunk stepped a foot in, taking a deep breath before speaking. 

"You both need to stop and think for a moment. Arguing like this wont make anything any better and you both are smart enough to understand that. I understand you both aren't on the same page," he said in a calm tone, letting the two settle momentarily.

"Lance needs to understand that i'm just doing whats best for the team. For voltron. For the universe!" With that final statement she looked dead-on at the blue paladin, whose fiery spirit seemed to spark again, only to be shot down when hunk placed a soothing hand upon his shoulder. 

"Pidge needs to understand the feelings of others! My feelings, Shiro's feelings, all of us!"

"Your feelings are nothing more than just confusion and stupidity!" She spat out, only giving off a few looks of regret at what she had stated. Both Hunk and Lance stared at her, as if waiting for more and that they did receive. "What i'm trying to say is that your feelings didn't just happen because of the incident Lance. You didn't just create this bond, you just always suppressed it. Even Hunk would agree with me. Right?" Now the attention was on Hunk who seemed to stop and ponder for a matter of heartbeats before slowly nodding.

"She has a point Lance." 

"But I just don't understand! When he was his old self I felt like there was such a divide between us...like there was a void that couldn't be sealed." 

"That's just called denial Lance." Her voice had toned down to a mere gentle touch. Before Lance could retort a odd sound filled the room. They all looked in several different directions. 

"Did you guys here that?" The other two simply nodded, still looking around for the noises origins. It happened again, louder this time and Lance felt a rather brutal tug to his pant leg. Glancing down he saw a teary eyed face, fists red from being clenched for to long and a worn out body. 

"Keith! Oh my word, what are you doing down there! I thought I put you to bed!" Lance said with genuine amount of shock as he scooped the tiny body up and into a soft embrace. Keith snuggled himself in, letting the small tears that threatened to escape from his eyes run down his cheeks, but he didn't cry any others as he felt content with the attention he was now being provided with. Lance stroked a hand through his hair, receiving a happy and/or even tired coo in return. "I need to go put this little guy back to bed, we finish this conversation another time Pidge." She merely nodded as her back slowly turned back to a clipboard seated nicely on top of her desk. Lance held Keith closer, his brain in a million different places, like it had been from the very beginning.