Questions.

Lance swerved a quick right, just nearly dodging a speeding laser. His muscles cramped from how tense he had become. It boggled his mind how only mere minutes ago the team was calmly heading towards what seemed like a normal planet. He truly thought it was going to be an in and out job but now it seemed it was more in and no knowledge to if they were going to get out. He felt a cold trickle down his face which slowly began to stung as whatever the substance was, which he presumed was sweat, fell into a small cut plastered upon his face. He winced slightly at the new sense of pain, only making the whole situation feel much more real. He had been touched by death several times before but never did he feel so scared. He tightened his grip on the controls even harder, not knowing whether it was out of desperation or pure fear. His mind and heart was in a furry. Why did this time feel so different from all the others? Why did he feel like more was at stack this time.

There was a crinkle sound of static from beside him. He made one last sharp turn before answering the incoming call to which produced the face of Shiro. 

"Lance, I need you to help Hunk in distracting the fighters while Pidge attempts to overrun their power systems. If we can at least stung them for a moments time we can make a getaway with a wormhole." As fast as he came the black paladin left, leaving Lance back to the sullen silence within his lion. He sighed lightly, turning red around and towards his new set destination. Hunk loomed ways away, clearly struggling with his own problems.

"Hey buddy, need a hand?" Hunk let out a sigh of relief as the two seemed like an unstoppable team, decimating rows upon rows of Galra fighters. It disheartened them as only more were released and seemed to be coming back even stronger than the last. How was this even possible? Did the Galra even care about anything besides conquering and war? Did they think nothing of the loses being dealt to them as each fighter fell? Well he could think of one Galra who did or well half Galra. His bubbly smile and chubby arms only wanting to attack his toys and Lance with nothing but loving. He couldn't help but smile a little at the image of being back in the castle, holding Keith close, knowing full well he would of been whining impatiently right now for his return. Despite saying he would be strong. It was like the whole ordeal caused a bond to occur between them. A strong bond not one of tense rivals or friends but something even deeper.

"Watch out Lance!" Hunk yelled out, hitting against the side of the red lion sending Lance flying. Hunk flew back as well, his lion seeming to limp up before bursting out with minuscules of energy left. They wouldn't last much longer and both knew that full well. 

Ance!

The babyish voice coursed through his very core, surfacing now painful visions. He slammed a fist into the side of his skull as if that would suppress anything. Nothing worked. The knot that twisted painfully in his stomach only grew more irritating and the looming of death came more into view. That's when everything went black as his eyes shot wide and clenched closed, a blaring bright light blinding him. 

Seconds, minutes even passed by as he felt his body drift high and smack against what could either be the roof of the lion or the floor. His body felt limp and useless, making no attempt to even move a part of it. What was happening to Pidge? Did she manage to hack into the system? Was Shiro doing his defend her at all cost? What about Allura? She had been silent from the start, clearly thinking hard about something. What could she have been thinking of? Hunk? He still was out there and now even alone. Was the castle of lions still safe? Was Coran figuring out a way to possibly fix things, was he taking care of Keith properly? Keith. 

Lance groaned out, weakly lifting his head up to look towards his helmet that had drifted off his head. He kicked off the nearest wall to give some boost as he floated towards the object. Grasping it, he quickly placed it on and made a hasty call. Luckily the receiver picked up rather quickly but it wasn't who he was expecting.

Two big eyes met him and were all he could see before the head decided to move back a bit. He gave off a happy coo. Lance let out a pained laugh, his knuckles turning white from how hard he was holding onto his helmet. 

"Hey Keithy buddy...is Coran there?" Keith seemed to look up and reached his tiny arms up until the face lowered. 

"Blue! Oh thank the universe you're alright! You need to get back to the castle immediately!" 

"Bad news Coran...I don't think i'll be making it back to the castle...I took a rather hard hit," he coughed out, blood tracing his lips. Keith forcefully pushed his head into full view on the screen now, causing a slight grunt from the Altean.

"Ance!" He was concerned that was for sure. His eyes were drooped and even scared. He made whines almost like a dog, seeming to clench harshly onto the ginger males hand. Coran bit his lip, looking to his side at Shiro who himself was clenching at his side. Fresh blood seeping through.

"Allura is the most stable one to go get him...I really thought he was with us." He turned to the female Altean who already was getting suited back up. She nodded quickly before dashing back to blue. Lance let himself go limp again, the pain too unbearable anymore. He didn't care what else was being said on the call, he simply wanted to close his eyes and pretend everything was going to be alright.

~~~~~~~~~~

Lance groaned out, clenching his side again. His head throbbed and the lower half of his body felt slightly numb. At first his vision was blurry with a new setting of blaring lights but soon became adjusted to the setting. He coughed out dried blood, heaving in more oxygen. Was he in a hospital? Did he get saved? He felt something shift against him, now only realizing the odd weight on one side of his body. He shifted a hand and was met with a soft head of hair. He perked up his body as much as he could to see the tiny body cradled in a ball against him, sleeping soundlessly. He stroked through the soft locks gently, scooping up the body to be closer near him and it didn't take long for the infant to tuck his head deep into the others neck, snuggling into the warmth. Lance smiled leaning back and closing his eyes just about to go back to sleep when he heard the small voice speak quietly.

"Safe Ance."