Epic Battle

"I'm just saying it could be a good idea you know? Take a quick stop, i'm sure he would love it." The paladins were gathered within the living room. Allura lowered her hands down and nuzzled them back together, giving her more of a professional look. "Going to a nursery planet would give Keith an opportunity to have some playtime with beings of his...age," she said while looking at the infant who bounced gently upon the blue paladins knee. He stared back at her with a confused expression, mouth slightly gaped open. She brushed a few strands of white hair out from her face, giving the little guy a sweet smile.

Shiro rubbed the back of his neck, pondering. "Do we really have the time though? The Galra Empire could attack us whenever we least expect it.." She popped up at his statement as if she was ready for that all along, her usual strong smile plastered upon her face.

"That's why we would only send one of our paladins there. The Galra are weak enough for now that we could easily defeat them with only four lions." 

"I already know where this is going," Lance chipped in quickly while brushing a finger under Keith's chin to give him a few loving scratches and was granted a happy coo. "You want the all great Lance to go in and bring little Keithy here to a daycare." Allura stood for a moment with a raised eyebrow looking oddly confused. Lance only gave her back the same confused expression. "What?" 

"Really? No fighting? No groaning and moaning about not wanting to leave and wanting to just stay and play video games for once? 'Oh but Allura I never get free time', 'why is it always me who must look after the baby?'." She placed both hands on her hips, leaning and clearly awaiting an answer.

"Well princess I've come to learn that things don't go my way sometimes, besides after a few weeks with this little guy were like a team! Isn't that right Keith?" Lance cooed grabbing the little paladins hands and holding them up so half his body raised. Keith giggled while he wiggled and nodded at whatever Lance had said to him, clearly just enjoying the attention. The others couldn't help but adore the sight presented before them. Allura sighed putting her attention back upon the blue paladin.

"Fine I guess if you two are so chummy together than its alright but I guess without the little fight I anticipated I don't need to plead for any of you to go with him." She clapped her hands together, now releasing a relieved sigh. "It's always brilliant when stuff plans out the way I want! Well everyone next stop will be the nursery planet! Lance get what you need ready and all the rest of you can do whatever you so please until dinner. Coran is planning to make his special tonight!" After a union of groans and slugging feet everyone went their separate ways like usual. 

Keith fiddled his hands through Lance's hair as he walked leisurely down the corridor to his room. He gave here and there pats gaining content coo's that made his heart-melt from how adorable he was. When they finally made it back to his room he hastily begun his packing. 

Keith reached up for him after being placed on the ground amidst his toy's, eventually giving up when Lance shushed him quietly and angrily grabbed one of the items. It was some sort of alien man knock off of an action figure. While he raised the mystery man into the air, his free hand held the Lance one. Being quiet from his previous shushing Keith merely made small booming sounds as the two collided as if they were fighting. To any grown person it would of looked like two pieces of plastic being smashed together in a chaotic flurry but to little Keith it was the most intense fight of these two figures lives.    

Lance won with one last sharp shot and the mystery man fell brutally to the ground next to Keith's ferocious red lion stuffed animal. His attention was caught by the feeling of staring and instinctively his eyes darted around, locking with some ocean blue ones. 

Lance smiled brightly before clapping lightly. "That was a real fight huh? Sharp-shooter Lance is a hero isn't he." What was meant to be more of a joke and ego boost turned into a heart-burster when Keith's head nodded frantically and his smile grew. 

"Ance! H-ero Ance!" He raised the small figurine into the air with pride in his eyes. Lance clenching his heart sighed a long sigh.

"Come on you little flatterer we have a planet to get to."