Ceremony Part 2

Allura sat up in her chair with a royal-like sense while the others tried their best not to doze off during the long stretch of speech and/or negotiations brought before them. There was the talk about the Galra, lacking of supplies, urgency to bring in refugees from destroyed planets. Lance was amazed at the dozens of different species lingering about, still baffled by the fact that there was so much life out there, but there was also something else on his mind, a little pale body with big chubby cheeks and a bubbly laugh that fueled him. Leaning back in his chair until his head was near the seat, he sighed quietly. 

"We must not stand idle any longer princess. My people are out here sacrificing their blood and lives to protect the little amount of resources we have left and yet we still manage to bring in more sufferers into salvation." Allura nodded as the man spoke, patiently waiting for him to finish is heated ramble. 

"I understand your anger well, but I can assure you that Voltron is not standing idle or hiding in the shadows. We to are at a constant state of war and want to ensure the lives of the innocent are kept at peace and safe. We will try our best to provide you with as much aid as we can, but to my upmost apologies I say it may not be enough to satisfy your needs for long." With that said she seated herself back down. 

Tensions only grew stronger as more and more banter was thrown onto the table. Eyes pierced like daggers through others as they spoke. Mocking laughs and harsh grunts coursed through the room. Allura, looking as if she was on her last string, slammed her hands open palmed against the table. In shock the others turned and gave their attention to the frustrated Altean.

"I'm sorry for being so unprofessional but I must ask that we all calm down. Nothing will be settled here if we do not co-operate isn't that right?" She placed a clearly fake smile upon her face, a subtle eye twitch following with it. 

~~~~~~

"Yes isn't it pretty?" Shiro spoke softly as he kept his hand still for the tiny creature that decided to make a quick rest stop upon it. Keith eyed it with wonder and curiosity, mouth slightly ajar. The tiny insect waddled around before planting itself nicely in the middle, letting its six wings drift in the breeze. Keith slowly went to grab it only to see Shiro shake his head. "Now now Keith you don't want to scare the poor thing do you? They are rather scaredy-cats," he said with a small chuckle as the tiny hand retreated.  

"Ugh" The infant spoke with fondness. Shiro merely smiled, knowing he had meant to say bug. 

"Maybe a little less emphasis on the ugh part, I don't think the bug would appreciate you sounding so displeased to say its name." Keith only stared at him, blinking in a fit of confusion. "We'll practice it more later." 

Having been sent out to stroll the festivities for a while, Shiro made the best of it. He had been a bit disappointed not being able to speak along with the others but seeing how much fun Keith was having, the feelings soon faded. The new friend of a creature soon flew back off onto its journey to space knows where and no sooner did the two head back out to explore what the place had to offer.

There was litters of foreign food to which some smelt like heavenly fresh earth food while others smelt worse than a bag of cow-manure. Keith seemed to almost be salivating over a kabob like food with instead of meat it was a marshmallow type cuisine. Shiro shrugged and paid what the seller had asked. Making way to a free nearby bench, Keith didn't seem to want to be patient. He greedily attempted to stretch his neck up to snatch a bit.

"One second mister impatient I need to test if its even alright for human consumption." This was one of Shiro's least favourite things to do. The 'does it food?' test which fifty percent of the time, it doesn't food. Fortunately for him, once placing one of the few marshmallow type things in his mouth, it slowly dissolved into a nice and sweet tasting flavor. Without any further thought, he snapped another in half and pointed at his mouth, opening it to signal for the other to do the same. Keith did just that and patted happily as he was granted the sweet. 

Keith seemed bewildered by not having to do any work for the food to dissolve but his content little face warmed Shiro and he to couldn't help but smile, excited for what the rest of the day had set for them.