Stay Strong

"Ah! Keith don't touch that! One little press and the whole castle will be up in flames! Ah! Don't touch that either, you'll cause a ripple in the space time continuum! Ah! Don't touch that either!" The exhausted space uncle exclaimed as he grabbed his galactic comet-buck coffee. "You could burn your little fingers on this," he sighed lightly, pulling Keith yet again away from any possible dangerous controls. Keith let out bubbly giggles at the pure amusement of near dear giving Coran a heart attack. When the ginger Altean looked down to scold him he was met with two big slightly violet eyes, that sparkled pure innocence. He sucked again on the ear of his lion and let out a soft happy coo. Coran slumped back defeated.

"Unk!" Coran had no idea how the infant had come to call him what was like the sound of something hitting the floor but he grew to love it. Maybe it translated to Uncle in baby speech, that only made the Altean more jittery with joy with his new bonding with the red paladin.

"Coran Coran is at your side dear red! How about we check in on the paladins huh?" The familiar word of paladins seemed to spark up an excited emotion within Keith who bounced impatiently on the others leg, clearly agreeing to whatever he had just suggested. Coran made haste to pop up the communication screen and request a call from all the paladins. Shiro was first to pick up like usual and his eyes instantly met Keith who let the poor stuffies ear free as he looked on in awe. It seemed to bewilder him that this screen could provide him a face of someone he cared for. 

"Why hello little buddy, looking to find some action? You'll be a little disappointed at the moment." The multi coloured hair paladin spoke with a humorous tone. Keith merely placed too hands on the screen, saying unrecognizable words. Shiro only gave off another laugh, turning his focus off of the communicator. Keith muted out their voices as Shiro and Coran spoke about boring adult things. His eyes traced the inner interior of the lions walls, all the flashy colourful buttons surrounding Shiro, the stars that shined behind him and-

"And- Hey! Lance watch where you're flying." There was a small crinkle before Lance's face popped into the corner of the screen for a split second as he muttered an apology. That caught Keith's attention and so did the lion that zoomed past the window-like eyes behind the black paladin. 

"Ance!" He hit the screen, cutting the communication slightly and startling both of the others.

"Now now red you can't be too rough with the equipment you might break something." Coran put plainly before putting too hands underneath the infants armpits and attempted to pull him away gently. Keith being stubborn fought against the separation attempt and hollered this time, scaring Coran a bit to the point he let him go.

He squished his face against the screen as if he was trying to push himself through. He focused hard, eyebrows narrowed in sharp downwards lines. Shiro couldn't help but let out the laugh he had been holding back. Pidge had entered the call to no ones notice and shook her head lightly, a small smile on her lips. Allura popped in, giggling lightly.  Hunk joined no soon after, producing large amounts of aw's. Keith kept up his attempt to break into the screen. He let out frustrated groans as he noticed his attempts weren't getting him anywhere.

It wasn't until another sound of a beep came in did Keith take a few small puffs of air.

"Watch you don't tire yourself out there Keithy, we still got play time after this don't we?" The annoyingly charming voice made the tiny raven hair filled head perk up and a large smile replaced what was once a frustrated scowl. He hit the screen again and stretched his chubby arms out so they touched where the blue paladins face now filled the screen. He let out a disheartened coo when he realized he couldn't actually touch the paladin. "Don't worry buddy i'll be back soon, there isn't too much trouble here just a few settlements and some villagers needing assisting. I'll be there to hold you soon okay? Can you stay strong for Lance for just a bit longer?" Keith let one of his hands rest on Lance's face and his forehead hit against the screen as he pouted.

"Mhmm. Keefs strong! Keef will wait cus Keef is strong!" That seemed to hype him up and he smiled with courage. Lance smiled too himself as he held onto the controls tightly, looking ahead to the hoard of Galra looming before them. They were out numbered, exhausted and on the verge of being defeated but hearing the courage coming from Keith swelled in his heart and coursed through his veins. Keith didn't need to know how bad things were for the team right now, it was better he was shielded by a white lie and the others seemed to play along.  

"I'm proud of you, my little samurai."