10: hope

03: hope
YERI

I could here everyone voices downstairs. The music was blaring, mixing in with sounds of their laughter, warming my heart.

My dad and Karen weren't here, they are taking a trip to Busan together. They told me to let my friends stay the weekend as a birthday gift. How wise of them to let me stay in a house full of boys for a whole weekend.

But I know they trust me. I never intentionally lie to them or sneak out of the house. I study hard for my good grades and try to be a good, respectful daughter.

I do have my moments at times, I am not perfect. Not even close.

I take my hair out of my braids, letting my mermaid waves flow down my back. I left my glasses off and decided to put my colored contacts in. Blue.

I slipped on a yellow cotton sundress, flowing to right above me knees. I grabbed some of my white Vans socks and some light jewelry.

I looked at my face in the mirror, inspecting my features. I decided not to put any make up on, I liked my natural features.

I stared at myself a little longer. I looked a bit different. Prettier. This was not my intention when I decided to bleach my hair.

It's not that I wasn't pretty before... I looked presentable. But now I didn't really have to try. I liked that.

I look around my room decided to clean up a little, not wanting to go downstairs just yet.

I made my bed and put my dirty clothes in the hamper in the corner. I put away my school things and quickly organized my books, aligning them on my boom shelf.

I let my fingers run on top of the bind of each one. I keep doing this for a couple more seconds until I stop on a random one. I open it, flipping onto a random page, skimming through it.

"Hope breathes eternal misery." I read aloud. I laughed to myself.

Hope.

I had to admit to myself, I do have a lot of hope in many people. People I care about. But it's not just any persons. I don't give away my trust easily.

But look at me now: heartbroken and alone from the one person I cared about.

The one person I cared about more than myself.

I would do anything for Jungkook. It's sad and I pity myself sometimes. That part is also sad.

I let myself fall backwards on my bed, closing my eyes. The book laid on top of my chest, still opened on the page.

"Yeri?" I sit up and see Taehyung standing by my door. "You okay?"

I smile and nod. I loved his blond hair, we looked like siblings now.

"Yeah lets go, Lisa is waiting for you," I teased him. His face turned a light shade of pink.

"Shut up," he tugs my arm and we run down the stairs together.

"Welcome back!" Jin comes and gives me a hug. "I cooked some food."

"It smells amazing." I tell him, making him smile.

I look around to everyone else. Everyone was here. Even Jungkook.

"Happy birthday," Yoongi hands me a gift leading to everyone to hand me gifts. I placed them on the coffee table and hug each one of them.

"You smell nice," Namjoon complimented me and put is arm around me.

It felt weird.

"Thanks," I mumble and I am saved when Lisa pulls me away from his grasp.

"Let's play games!"

Someone turns down the music and we all gather together.

"Let's get this party started!" Jimin grabs me and we all sit down in the middle of the living room in a circle.

We start to play truth or dare, a game we always end up playing. It's fun at all the stupid dares the guys come up with.

We laugh together and end up talking about the different memories each of them shared with me.bBut unfortunately when it got to Jungkook his phone from his pocket started to go off.

We all look at him waiting for him to pick it up.

"Are you gonna get that?" I ask him after a couple rings.

"Oh..um..yeah," he fished for his phone and answered it. "What do you want?"

And for my luck, I could here the other line too.

"Baby, I miss you... I need you. Now."

I could hear the voice. It was a female and I knew right away who it was.

No way.

No fucking way.

"I'm in the middle of something," he answered. But his tone. He didn't sound annoyed, it was like he was trying to explain it to her.

Her.

No fucking way.

"Jungkook~ah..." her voice was so high pitched and annoying that I wanted to rip my hair out.

Fake.

Bitch.

No fucking way.

"Baby, I will call you later," Jungkook replied and hung up.

He called her baby.

So they got back together? Jungkook went back to her? When?

I felt the color drain from my face. I felt light headed all of a sudden.

"You okay?" Namjoon asks from across the floor. I nod and make eye contact with Lisa, who looked just as surprised as me.

I needed a drink.

"Where's the booze?" I ask getting up. Everyone looks at me, surprised. I don't ever think they have seen me drink before. Except for Lisa and Jungkook of course.

"Here I'll help," Yoongi stands up too, walking to the kitchen with me.

He grabs a bag from the corner, emptying it.

"What would the birthday girl like?" He asks me, giving me a smirk. I skip next to him, gesturing to one of the bottles.

"One rum and coke please."