16: fell

16: fell
YERI

Dinner was uneventful. Jongkook's father spoke about the company while Karen talked about the school Gala fundraiser coming up.

I felt tired, all the noise was giving me a headache. I spoke when spoken too, answering politely, always keeping a smile on my face.

Jungkook also didn't look like he was having a good time. He was silent most of the time, eating his food.

I just wanted to go inside and talk with him. I have waited too long.

"Yeri~ah, do you still play soccer?" Mrs. Jeon tried keeping me in the conversation. Everyone looked at me and I felt my face heat up from the attention.

Why did she have to ask this question out of the millions she could have?

I felt annoyed. I need a drink.

I smiled at her, "oh no, not anymore," and looked back down at my plate.

I don't want to talk about this.

I could see my parents were also uncomfortable about the question. I looked at my father, giving him a look to change the subject.

"Did you catch the game last weekend?" I gave him a thankful look, cleaning my mouth with my napkin.

"Can Yeri and I be excused?" Jungkook speaks up. He has been quiet the whole night. He placed his napkin on the table, already getting up from his seat.

"Yes, yes, of course!" His mother chirps, gives us permission to go inside. He grabs my hand as we walk away from the table.

"Yeri would be so good for Jungkook," I hear his mom say to mine once we got inside.

Yeah me too.

We walk hand in hand until we got to his room. It hasn't changed much since the last time I was in here, it looks like he cleaned up a bit. I sit on his bed, looking at his desk. Above it hung pictures of all of our friends.

I smile at one with me on his back. We looked so happy. My dark hair at the time were put into two braids while Jungkook's hair was a dark red.

It was my 17 birthday and he had just died his hair.

"It's not a phase," he and told me.
I laugh at the thought.

Jungkook comes and sits next to me on his bed, his thigh slightly touch mine.

"I miss spending time with you," he starts off. I can hear the hesitation in his voice. I could tell he didn't know what to say or do.

He wasn't good with these type of things.

"I need to tell you something," I change the subject. I still haven't completely convinced myself if I should confess or not.

"You don't have to say anything, it's my fault. I'm sorry," he put his arm around me.

I tilt my head, it landing on his shoulder as I scooted in closer to him. "I'm sorry too, this started because of me."

"No, no—" I cut him off.

"I've been a bitch lately," I laugh lightly. I feel him stiffen from my choice of words.

"It hasn't been only you, I've been a bad friend too."

"Maybe if I wasn't so jealous this whole thing wouldn't have started," I whisper. I start to play with my fingers looking down.

He was silent for a while, our breaths were steady and I could feel both out heartbeats quicken.

"Jealous?" He finally speaks up. I could feel my face start to burn from embarrassment.

I took a deep breath and untangled myself from his arm and shift myself so that I'm looking at him.

"Jungkook, it's always been you. From the very first time we became friends all I wanted was to be with you," I force myself to make eye contact with him, not regretting what I just confessed.

This is a good thing. I'm doing a good thing.

"Yeri~ah," he whispers taking my hands.

"I have told you almost everything about me, but 2 years ago something happened. I felt so bad about myself, I was even gonna leave Seoul. But I stayed because of you."

"You don't have to tell me," he squeezes my hands lightly.

"No I do have too," I move closer to him and wrap my arms around him, hugging him tightly. I felt his arms snake around my waist, pulling me even closer. "I really like you Jungkook~ah. I've been waiting and waiting for something to happen between us but when you told me you were gonna give Gia a chance," I could hear my voice crack, tears falling down my face. "All I could think was, what will make him see me?"

He pulls away, wiping my tears away with his soft hands. I wrap my arms around myself. I feel so broken.

I don't want to go through what I went through 2 years ago. I don't want to lost another person that I care about.

I don't think I will be able to handle it this time.

"But you're with Namjoon now."

I roll my eyes and laugh under my breath. Are you fucking kidding me? This boy is really blind.

Or maybe I've gotten used to lying to everyone that became a better convincer.

"I don't like him," I tell him. "I am going out with him," I take a deep breath, "to get over you."

I lift my head up, looking in his eyes. He looked so angelic, his hair looked amazing, and his lips looked so soft. He looked perfect.

He can't be real.

"Because Jungkook, I fell for you."