26: lucky

26: lucky
YERI

I skipped up to my front porch, unlocking my front door quickly. I leave the door open, kicking off my shoes as Jungkook walked inside. I then skip to the kitchen, all cheerful, as Jungkook went to the living room, placing our school bags on the floor.

"Are you hungry?" I yell from the kitchen. I open my pantry, grabbing a couple packets of instant ramen to quickly cook. I had a very long day at school and I was starving.

"Yeah, but not for food," I jump up when I hear his voice from behind me, his hands already finding my waist.

"Shit! Don't scare me like that," I place my hand over my chest, letting out a long deep breath. "And you promised we would only study."

"Come one, Yeri~ah..." he coo's in my ear, making my heart flutter. I really didn't want to study, but I always stick to my word. Maybe try would be a better word.

But there will be no monkey business today.

"Jungkook," I sigh and turn around, his hands gripping me tighter. My face was very close to his, I could smell the scent of the mint gum he just spit out. My plan isn't gonna last very long.

"Please?"

"No."

"Yeri~ah....." his face softens up, making me melt.

"Jungkook, no."

"Pretty please?" He pouts. Damn it.

He wins.

"One kiss," I give in and stand on my tippy toes, taking his face in my hands. I place my lips on his as his hands make its way up my back. His kiss is needy but gentle, his lips are soft against mine, and taste like my cherry chap stick.

His tongue glides over my teeth, asking for permission. I open my mouth just enough so his tongue could enter. I pull onto his hair as we fight for dominance and at the end he wins. He's very persistent. I could feel his hand go up my skirt and before he can grope me, I pull away.

"Homework time," his pink lips looked swollen from the 10 second make out session we just had.

"One more kiss," he takes a step forward as I retreat one backwards.

"Not until we've done all our work," I smirk and place a hand between us. I like having the power but Jungkook makes it challenging for me to stick by my word. He's very intoxicating, from his voice to how he styles his hair. My body feels like it could evaporate anytime he touches me.

"Fine," he takes a step back and walks to the living room, taking out his school stuff from his backpack. He doesn't speak as he goes through the pages of his notebook. He's like a stubborn kid.

"Jungkook~" I call out in a sweet tone. I feel like I've done something wrong even though I haven't. He was doing this on purpose. I walk to the living room, sitting on the floor beside him. I look at his face as he frowns trying to solve a math equation. "Do you need help?" I ask sweetly.

"No," his eyebrows come in, forming a V shape. I know he wasn't actually upset with me, but it made me sad that he wasn't all over me like before. I watch as he just stares at the worksheet, not writing anything down.

"Jungkook, won't you look at me?" I flutter my eyelashes a bit, but he doesn't move an inch.

"No."

"Pretty please?"

"What?" He looks up at me and I give him a kiss. After, I get up, walking back towards the kitchen.

"Is ramen okay?" I ask, giving him a cute smile.

A smile forms on his face and rushes towards, giving me a back hug, "thank you."

I love to see him smile.

***

Jungkook

I watch Yeri do her homework as I chew on the end of my pencil. We have been working for almost an hour and I was getting bored. I watched her as she wrote down her notes in her notebook with her purple pen, every letter perfectly written.

"Ugh," she lets out a long sigh as she scribbles on top of the last thing she wrote. She had wrinkles on her forehead, signaling she was stressed.

"You okay?" I ask, gently rubbing her arm.

"English is hard," she pouts resting her face in her hands. She looked so adorable with her blond hair all messed up from working so hard. I'm so proud of her.

"Do you want to take a break?" She shuts her eyes, nodding her head. "Let's go take a nap," I tell her.

"Okay," she whispers and puts her arms out so I can carry her. I get up, gently picking her up, holding her bridle style. She rests her head on my chest, her eyes still closed.

When I get to her room, I walk in, placing her on her bed. She moves around for a while, trying to find a conformable spot. I lay down next to her and she soon finds her way to me, her arms clinging around me waist.

"Read me something," she mumbles in my shirt.

"What?"

"Read me something from a book."

"Okay," I pause for a second, "which book?"

"The red one on my night stand," she yawns as I reach over and grab the book. The Alchemist, it read on the front. I've never read this book, but I know that it is one of y/n's favorites.

"Page?" I ask.

"Any," she responds, pulling herself closer to her. The book wasn't thick at all, maybe 200 pages long. I listen to her, flipping to a random page and start reading from the top.

  "It was the pure Language of the World. It required no explanation, just as the universe needs none as it travels through endless time. What the boy felt at that moment was that he was in the presence of the only woman in his life, and that, with no need for words, she recognized the same thing. He was more certain of it than of anything in the world. He had been told by his parents and grandparents that he must fall in love and really know a person before becoming committed. But maybe people who felt that way had never learned the universal language. Because, when you know that language, it's easy to understand that someone in the world awaits you, whether it's in the middle of the desert or in some great city. And when two such people encounter each other, and their eyes meet, the past and the future become unimportant. There is only that moment, and the incredible certainty that everything under the sun has been written by one hand only. It is the hand that evokes love, and creates a twin soul for every person in the world. Without such love, one's dreams would have no meaning."  I stop reading out loud when I hear light snores coming from Yeri. I go back, re reading the paragraph twice more, trying to comprehend the sentences.

Even though I knew nothing about this book or what the boy is going through, I feel like I could relate. I didn't completely understand everything he was talking about, but that's okay. I understood enough.

I now get why she loves to read, why she loves to recall random quotes she has read. She relates them to her personal life, she finds meaning in each one.

How did I get so lucky? I don't deserve her.