14: alone

14: alone
YERI

"The more I swear I'm happy, the more I'm feeling alone."

I take my life for granted. I have so many things that others don't. I have a place to live, two loving parents, a warm bed to sleep in, food on the table, a way to get an education, loving friends.

But it seems like it's not enough.

I still have this empty feeling inside me. A feeling that wasn't always there.

"Yeri! We are leaving now!" I heard Karen yell from the kitchen. I quickly put my hair up in a pony tail and fixed my top.

I had a black skirt with a pretty, short sleeve, white blouse. I grabbed a pair of vans and ran downstairs to the car, my phone in hand.

I sat in the back, tying my shoes as my dad talked about work. He was going on another business trip to Japan and this but this one was only gonna he for 2 weeks.

"Yeri?" My father called my name. I hum in response and look in the from mirror, locking eyes. "Maybe your mother could come with me this time?"

Step mother.

He was asking my permission. Of course I would say yes, it's not like I could say no. I don't want to upset anybody.

I smile, still maintaining eye contact. "Of course! I will be fine." It want like I've never been home alone for a period of time before.

"Perfect!" Karen claps her hands together making me smile harder. I loved seeing them this happy.

They deserve this.

JUNGKOOK

I look out my and see a black BMW pull up, Yeri's dads car.

I don't who's idea this was for this dinner, but I'm happy it's happening. I miss y/n so much, we haven't hung out in forever.

The door bell rings and I hear my mother calm for me. I walk downstairs, black ripped jeans, white t shirt.

"Welcome!" I see Yeri with her dad and step mom in the foyer, hugging my mom.

"Hi Mrs. Jeon," Yeri's voice is light and sweet. I walk forward, hugging her. I could smell her favorite perfume: Chanel No. 5, the one I got for her birthday last year.

"Hey," I whisper in her ear. I saw her face turn a light shade of pink when we let go from our embrace.

She looked beautiful. I couldn't see any trace of make up on her face.

"We were planning on eating on the patio," my father leads outside the deck, overlooking the pool.

"How beautiful!" Karen admires and starts talking with my mom about the patio furniture. Our dads were talking something about the business they work at together, leaving me with y/n.

"Jungkook," I turn around to find Yeri still by the door. Her eyes looked so clear and I could see the little crease on her forehead.

She looked worried and scared. I didn't like seeing her like this, she was too beautiful to have a frown on her perfect face.

I don't really know in times likes this... I'm not a big "comforter". But I need to try something, she's my best friend.

She deserves the world.

Oh no...

I can't be...

I block the thought from my mind, not wanting to think about it this moment.

"Are you okay," I walk closer to her and grabbed her hand.

Why?

I don't even know what I'm doing. I'm so bad at this. I look at her face placing my other hand on her chin, making her make eye contact with me.
She looked so sad, I can't handle this. Because I know deep down I'm part of the reason.

She gives my hand a little squeeze, "can we talk?"