Why Can't You See?

WARNING ⚠️ There are mentions of suicide and depression in this oneshot. (Don't worry, it's not sad! I don't like sad books so I don't like writing them.)

**********

Info
Jimin was so in love with his best friend, but he just couldn't see

Jimins PoV

I was laying on my bed with Tae right next to me.

Just laying there.

Not talking.

Just in comfortable silence.

Nothing but our thoughts distracting us.

"What do you want to do?" I asked him finally.

"I don't mind, whatever you wanna do" he answered casually.

"Well I don't no either, that's why I asked you." I laughed as he chuckled with me slightly.

"How about we play some Mario?" I asked as he agreed and jumped off the bed to my Xbox.

Once we'd finished, Tae said he was going to go home since it was getting pretty late.

I led him to the door and saw him out. He smiled back at me as he walked out of my drive and it reminded me how much I truly love the boy.

It's fucking insane.

I love him so much and I wish he knew.

But I'm scared as shit to tell him.

The next day at school I looked round, asking everyone I saw where Jungkook was.

Once I found him I asked.

"Can you help me please?"

"With what?"

"I want to tell Tae"

"Really? You're finally ready?"

"Yes, I'm sure."

"Well all I can say to you is tell him how you feel"

"Okay, thanks for the help Jungkook!" I told him as I ran off to find Taehyung.

I looked around school for the whole day, but I couldn't find him and everyone I asked said they hadn't seen him.

When school had finally finished, I was getting quite worried. No one had seen him, so I planned to go to his house now.

On my way there, I saw someone standing on the edge of the bridge above the motorway (idk, just go with it pls) they had burgundy hair that was slightly blowing in the wind.

Shit, It looked they were about to jump.

Before I could think I ran over to them and pulled them back into the path.

I looked straight at them and asked "what the fuck are you doing?!" I didn't get to properly see their face until that moment.

It was Taehyung.

I gapped in shock at him.

Why was he about to kill himself?

"Tae? Wh-why were you going to jump?" I asked, on the verge of tears.

What did I do wrong?

Why doesn't he love himself like I love him?

"There's no point being here anymore so why live?" He sighed.

"Because people care about you, people fucking love you. You can't leave them now?" I asked in Disbelief.

"No one actually loves me, they only pity me." He told me. How could he think that?

"What about your family? They love you don't they? Your mum absolutely loves you. I've seen it myself!" I still can't believe he's saying this.

"They have to love me. They've got no choice I was born into their family." He looked to the ground.

"They could easily kick you out if they really wanted to." I tried to defend my point.

"But they just feel sorry for me" I wasn't going to let him win. I had to show him that there are lots of people who love him. Especially me.

"What about our friends? Jungkook, Jin, Namjoon, Hoseok and Yoongi? They may not always show it but they love you." I told him.

"No they don't! They feel sorry for me! Like everyone does!" He started to raise his voice slightly, I could see the tears in his eyes and I knew I was crying too.

"What about me Taehyung?! What about me?" I finally asked.

"You're the same as everyone else. You feel sorry for me. I went into school this morning and I overheard you talking to Jungkook that you were scared to tell me something. And I know it's to tell me you don't like me and want me to stop talking to you and leave you alone." He said to me. Breaking my heart even more.

That's when I finally snapped.

"I WAS SCARED TO TELL YOU THAT I LOVE YOU! Okay? I was scared to tell you I love you." I looked straight into his eyes through my blurry ones as I said it.

I finally said it.

"I'm sorry I was so scared to tell you and I should have told you earlier, but I was scared you wouldn't feel the same way. But now I don't care if you don't. I want you to know how much you mean to me and if you died I would have no idea what to do with myself. I'd be too shocked to do anything really. I love you so fucking much and please don't kill yourself. It would affect so many people. Especially me." Before I could say anything else, I felt warm arms wrapped around me.

I hugged back, tightly and relished the feeling of his body against mine. He finally pulled away and smiled at me. My heart fluttering at the view.

He slowly leaned in and I did the same. Our lips finally met and I felt an explosion of fireworks in my stomach. It was finally happening, I was kissing Tae, and he was kissing back. I pulled him closer than humanly possible, deepening the kiss even more.

We had to pull away for air and Taehyung was still smiling at me, his tears still staining his cheeks. "I love you too, and I'm sorry for trying to kill myself, I just couldn't handle thinking you hated me, like everyone else, when I love you so much." He still thinks everyone hates him.

"No one hates you Tae! I mean, who could? It impossible!" I told him, kissing away his tears.

**********

Thanks for reading this! I thought of this in bed last night before going to sleep and thought I should write it!

Hope you enjoyed
Amz x