Chapter 1

*Edited by Aleeza Suarez

\When I finished cleaning my face the bell already rang. I got to class late but the teacher didn't say anything, they already knew the drill. I sat down in the last chair; this year sucks because Roxan is only in four of my classes. I went and sat on my chair, took my most recent drawing and started coloring my hair. The rest of school was the same: teasing, name calling, and pushing.
I did not want to be in the same car as my brother so normally I walk home. Yes, stupid since the attack happened, but I just can't stand being in the same room as him. He is always like:

"Why can't you be pretty?"

"Why are you my sister?"

"How can you look at yourself in the mirror everyday?"

"You are an embarrassment to this family!"

The insults continued until I began to cry. Over the years I began to put on a mask to not show any emotion, but sometimes is to much. Is like I know that I am ugly, hideous, a beast even, but you don't need to remind me everyday of my awful life!

You know sometimes you see your face and you have a pimple and you go: “OMG I LOOK HIDEOUS!”

Have you thought: “Oh, is just one pimple, it will go away.”

I can't think that because my scars will NEVER go away. I have to live the rest of my life with scars on my face, and not only that , but with a reminder of what happened that day.

When I got home I yelled:
"Mom, dad , I'm home!"

Silence.

There is a note on the fridge that said:

Dear Kids,
Your father and I went to do some groceries. We'll back by dinner.

Love, mom.

Well that sucks. Now I'm going to be locked up in my room all day. I went running to my room but before entering the safety of my room my brother slammed the front door.

"Hey,beast, where are mom and dad?"

"They left to do some shopping."

"Great they left me with the beast."

That's when I enter my room and slammed the door closed.

I laugh bitterly, thinking that when I was just a little kid I wished to be in “Beauty and The Beast”. That wish bit me in the ass, didn't it? Never thought I will become the beast but the thing is there is no prince to fall in love with me and there is no way to lift this curse.

I'm just pathetic to even consider that after the attack, everything will go to normal. That my life will be the same.Pathetic. And to think my brother will be there for me, to help me, that was the most craziest thing I could have imagined. Actually, he helps with the torture; my own brother, my twin. My parents do know I get bullied in school but they think my brother is there to help me. Obviously. Yeah, he helps them get to me.

I still have nightmares of him. Of the last words he said to me before being handcuffed. His last words still haunts me.

I will found you and when I do, I'll kill you.”

Those words repeat themselves in my brain every second on my life. I am terrified it will happen, most of all I am scared of what will he do to the little girl.

Her name is Crystal and she is now nine years. After the attack her mom met a man a year later then married him. She lives like 30 minutes away from my house. Sometimes I call them and keep in touch. She told her husband what happened and he wanted to meet me, but I declined. He has a son my age; I haven't talked to him or his son. Cristina wanted me to be her maid of honor on her wedding, but they haven't seen me since the attack so they don't know about the scars.

Two hours later I finish my homework.

"Bella come down to dinner."

I went down to dinner and sat next to Brandon. When he saw me threw me a disgusting look that my parents didn't see.

I kept my head down like always and my mother started the conversation.

"So,Brandon, how was school today?"

"Mom it was awesome as always. I'm the new captain of the football team, I past the math exam,and some girls asked me out."

"Congratulations son! Bella how was your day?" My dad asks trying to get me to talk.

"You know the usual: bullying, pushing, oh and today I got a pizza." Well I ain't going to tell them it was to the face.

"Oh honey at least Brandon is there to help you." Mom said while patting my hand. She seems so sad since the attack.

"Yes mom he's there to help me." Then I push my plate away and say:

"I'm not hungry anymore I am going to sleep." I stood up and left and went to sleep.

I went back to my room and just went to sleep.

***

The next day of school I put on a green turtle neck with black pants and green converse. I always let my hair fall over my face so I can hide in it.

"Hurry up or your walking!" Brandon yelled.

"I rather walk."

"Whatever!"

I started walking to school and the pointing, teasing and bullying started. When I got to my locker someone pushed me making my stuff fell everywhere.

"Watch where your going beast." Yep, another jock.

I just stay with my head down and pick up my stuff.

The bell rang so I went to my class. My phone went off saying I had a text from Roxan:

Sorry chica I can't come to school today love you :)

Peachy, just peachy. Today I am all on my own.

I took out my drawing that was almost done and started painting my face but not the cracks.

"Attention class today we have a new student. His name is Ryan. So Ryan tell me about yourself."

I just lifted my head a little so I could take a look at him. That is when my eyes went big with surprise; he was like 6'3 tall ,had long brown hair, wore big square nerd glasses, he looked fit like with six packs, and he was handsome in a nerdy way.

"Well I am a straight A's student, I don't do sports but I do work out sometimes, and that is all."

"Very well! You can sit next to Bella. Bella raise your hand so he knows who you are."

I raised my hand and he sat right next to me.

He turn and tried to see me but I kept my head down.

"Hey I'm Ryan. What is your name?"

"Bella." I answer with my head down.

"Nice name."

I just nod and kept painting my drawing. I saw him watching me.

"Wow you really are talented."

I finally look up and met his eyes; he has blue eyes. I heard him gasp and was about to turn my head down when he said:

"You have beautiful eyes."

My eyes went wide with surprise. Did he just seriously said that?

______________________________________________________________________

Hey guys it's me again hope you like this chapter. What did you think about Ryan? Bye

xoxo

Kasy