Guilt & Jealousy

Regina's POV
"That's what rumple said" I ask not being able to look at Snow after what happened with David yesterday. I just can't when I betrayed her like that. "Did something happen" she asks pulling me to the side. David eyes me and I look away quickly. "No why you ask" I say trying to sound believable. "You just seem off" I nod. "Yeah I'm just not feeling well" Snow nods and grabs my hand and squeezes it before walking down the long hall the her room.

I walk to the stables to clear my head because I'm going crazy right now. I see Rocinante and I smile and pet him. "Regina what's going on" I sigh and turn around. He looks so worried. "Why do you care" I didn't mean to be rude but it just came out that way. "Because I do Regina your not just some one time thing" he says grabbing my hand and playing with my fingers. "Snow knows" I say removing my hand and looking around seeing if anyone can see us. "Regina calm down, she doesn't know" I rub my head. "I mean that's your wife right" I say with a hint of jealously. "Stop that!" He says with anger. "What" I ask acting like I have no idea what he's talking about.

"No"

"What I don't get to be jealous"

"I'm not saying that"

"No I know exactly what your saying charming and I am not supposed to be mad that you have sex with me and another woman it's whatever" I shrug and go to walk away he grabs my arm and pushes me against the stable. He presses his lips to mine and I don't kiss him back. "No" I say hurt. Why am I so emotional?! "Go Kiss Snow" I say walking away.

_____
I haven't talked to David since yesterday I've been avoiding him at all costs because I'm mad. I know I can't really be mad because I knew that he was married when I started this but I just. I walk downstairs and everyone is eating I smile at Ruby who gives me a weird look. There's a buffet my workers/chefs have made this morning. I get some breakfast on a plate and I sit down. David walks over to me and whispers something in my ear. I look around and Ruby gives me a look I smile before getting up and going down an empty hall.

I look around "what the hell do you want" I say. "Regina you can't stay mad at me" I scoff. "Now your telling me what to do" he gives me a confused look. "What the hell regina, you know how I feel about this about us why are you acting like this" he says and I can see the hurt and pain in his eyes. And I caused this. "You wanna know why" I ask feeling my eyes burn with tears. "Yes please tell me" he begs. "I'm mad because I don't want to see you with Snow, all happy and I know that's wrong but I don't want to see you with anyone other than me because I can't stand the thought of you loving someone else David. That's why I've been such a bitch! I don't want to loose you" I cry out.

"Regina you could never loose me, no matter what okay. I'm yours and I know I have to tell Snow but give me some time please and don't get mad. Regina I want this I really do and I'm scared of what Snow will do and say once she finds out" I nod in understanding. "Just please don't shut me out. I'm here because I want you" I nod and he pecks my lips. "David we really can't" he shakes his head and kisses me slowly but passionately. "I'm yours" he says leaning his forehead on mine. "And I'm yours" I say. He pecks my lips and walks away.

When you hold me in the street and you kiss me on the dance floor
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't it be like that
'Cause I'm yours
We keep behind closed doors
Every time I see you, I die a little more
Stolen moments that we steal as the curtain falls
It'll never be enough
It's obvious you're meant for me
Every piece of you, it just fits perfectly
Every second, every thought, I'm in so deep
But I'll never show it on my face
But we know this, we got a love that is homeless
Why can't you hold me in the street?
Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor?
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't we be like that?
'Cause I'm yours
When you're with him, do you call his name
Like you do when you're with me, does it feel the same?
Would you leave if I was ready to settle down?
Or would you play it safe and stay?
Girl you know this, we got a love that is hopeless
Why can't you hold me in the street?
Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor?
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't we be like that?
'Cause I'm yours
And nobody knows I'm in love with someone's baby
I don't wanna hide us away
Tell the world about the love we making
I'm living for that day
Someday
Why can't I hold you in the street?
Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor?
I wish that we could be like that
Why can't we be like that?
'Cause I'm yours, I'm yours
Oh, why can't you hold me in the street?
Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor?
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't it be like that?
'Cause I'm yours
Why can't I say that I'm in love?
I wanna shout it from the rooftops
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't we be like that?
'Cause I'm yours
Why can't we be like that?
Wish we could be like that

I take a breather and then something catches my eye. I look around the corner to see Ruby. Damnit!

"Ruby how long" she cuts me off.

"Long enough" I sigh.

"Please don't tell Snow I know this is wrong but I really really like David" she looks at me in surprise.

"Your not going to threaten me" I look down.

"I'm not that person anymore" I say.

"I won't say anything but I'm not saying I'm okay with this. Even if you two are really fucking cute" I smile. I bite my lip and walk back in. David looks at me and I smile before sitting down.

_____
It's been a week and Ruby kept her promise and things with charming are good. We still haven't found a way home but we are going to rumple today to see him. "Ready" David asks.

Snows POV
There's a flying monkey and David runs in front of Regina to save her. How noble of him. He looks generally concerned for her well being. She waves him off saying she's fine and I don't think anything of it. Even with everything going on Regina has been happy recently. Maybe she's getting some. I smile and laugh to myself. We get to rumples and Regina looks over at Ruby. She straightens her posture looking up in all her glory and gives me a small smile.

I look around to see a very heated argument with Regina and David. "What's going on" I ask Ruby. We stare at them in shock. What are they fighting about.

Regina's POV
I look at David pissed. What the hell is wrong with him. Leroy said something and David went off being the over protective boyfriend he is. "You can't do that charming your making it noticeable" I try to keep my voice down as they are still close to us. "Noticeable to what, that I'm defending you cause it's so hard to believe anyone would want to protect you that anyone could care for you" he says. I've never seen him this angry. "No David I'm not saying that I'm just; tone it down" I say angry rising in my voice. How dare he yell at me. "I'm so sorry Regina for giving a damn about you. I'm so fucking sorry that I care about you. You know what no I'm not, I'm not sorry because I care and I won't apologize for loving you" I look at him with loving eyes. He looks back with the same look. I'm not ready to say it. If I say it then it makes this real and when it's real people get hurt and then people die and I can't let that happen. "Snow is questioning things you two are making it too noticeable" Ruby says rushing over to us. "Calm the hell down" she warns. I sigh and keep walking.

________
1512 words