Shut Me Out

David's POV
I'm so mad at Snow how dare she I do what I want with my life and I want Regina. I love her and she's not going anywhere. She doesn't want to get up and go to work so I grab my phone and call Emma. "Hey dad what's up" she says.

"I'm not coming in today"

"What's wrong" she sounds genuinely concerned.

"Regina just is not feeling it and I'm not leaving her"

"Okay just your gonna have extra paperwork"

"I might not be in tomorrow either I'll get back to you. And uh tell Snow to call me"

"Will do bye"

"Bye" I hang up and go into the room and Regina is sitting up. She looks so drained of life. It's 9 is the morning but she's normally up and all chipper. I sit on the bed and she doesn't even acknowledge me. "I know your hurting but this is hurting me, your shutting me out and it's killing me" she looks at me and frowns.

"I'm sorry" she whispers. If my full attention wasn't on her I would have missed it.

"I would say it's okay but it's not, I'm your boyfriend and I'm here to support you and hold you" I open my arms and she wraps hers around my neck in a big bear hug.

"Fiancée" she corrects me and I smile.

"There's the Regina I know and love" she blushes and I kiss her cheek.

"I love you" I say.

"I love me too" I pout and she pushes me down and kisses me. "I love you too" she says against my lips. There's a knock on the door and Henry opens it.

"I heard what Snow said to you and I'm so sorry mom" Regina opens her arms and Henry sits down and hugs her.

"It's okay Henry"

"No it's not she clearly hurt you and you don't deserve it mom"

"Don't worry I'm okay"

_______
We are laying in bed watching a Christmas family movie and it's super cute. Henry is laying in Regina's arms and Regina is laying in my arms. This is my family. My beautiful and loving fiancée. My grandson and step son. It's crazy but I love him.

"So Henry I have a question"

He sits up and says "hit me" I smack his arm and he smacks me back. "Okay stop" Regina says.

"How do you feel about another a baby sister" I ask.

"I would love it is mom pregnant" we both look at Regina and she sighs.

"I'm not pregnant and I don't know if I want a baby right now" she says.

"I want one so bad" I say. "I know" she says looking down.

"Why mom"

"I don't know if I could be a mom"

"Why your an amazing mother babe" she shrugs and lays down. I look at Henry and he nods leaves. Once he closes the door I stand up and Regina looks up at me.

"What" she asks.

"You doing it again"

"Pushing you away I know"

"Then stop!" I say raising my voice. "I hate seeing you like this all sad and depressed and then I try to help and you just push me away I'm so sick of it" she looks at me shocked.

"David I'm sorry"

"Sorry means you won't do it again but I can't keep fighting with you because you keep closing up" I say.

"Look I'm sorry but I realized how vulnerable I am to get hurt"

"Why would I hurt you, I love you!"

"I know that David! Don't you think I know that! But you hurt the ones you love the most! And I love you too much to lose you!" I walk out and head to granny's. I just need to take a breather and re-group.

I walk in and sit at the bar Ruby gives me a look and I nod. "You three weren't here this morning wanna talk" she asks handing me a coffee. I take a sip and the hot liquid flows down my throat burning it. "I yelled at Regina and I hate myself for it" I say putting my head in my hands.

"Why"

"Because she's shutting me out when she gets scared or starts to worry she shuts me out and I kinda went a little off on her i don't know but I feel terrible. And I just proposed! God!"

"You proposed"

"Yes" I hear the door finale and I turn to see Snow.

"Can we please talk"

"No because what you said about my fiancée was so wrong! I get it your mad and hurting but you don't need to take it out on her! She's innocent because I started this I kissed her I wanted a secret relationship. And if I could go back in time I would do it again because she's the best thing that's EVER happened to me! And I'm not under some curse or spell or any magical bullshit your thinking. I am in love with this woman and nothing can stop me from loving her. She could cheat on me and I would take her back in a heartbeat. She could hate me and say rude things but it wouldn't change my feelings and nothing ever will. I don't want your shit apology because you wanna 'clear the air' and try to sound nice! No! This is my life and stop trying to ruin it" I walk out and get in my truck to go back home. To her.

_______
927 words