3: Power

Melissa

I still can't believe what I saw and it's what I'm thinking about all day. She's hurt, but why?

"Babe? What are you thinking of? You seem zoned out since earlier.." I was suddenly taken out from my thoughts as Skye grabbed me with her. "Look, I'm sorry about earlier okay? You know that I blurt out everything whenever I get excited.." She apologized, it's not really her fault though so nothing to be sorry of.

"No, it's not your fault.. I'm just.. thinking of things.." I've been out of my mind since the incident with Carroll. I've seen something that I shouldn't have.. Now she's going to hate me more.

"Oh, my mom is there, let's go!" I saw aunt Melanie's car come into the view. "How's everything girls?" Aunt Melanie asked while switching between channels. "As usual auntie," I replied before staring at the window. I saw Carroll's perfect figure walk in the hallways, seeming to be fixing something like always.

They started talking but I zoned out. I can't seem to get that brunette out of my head, together with what Skye had said earlier. What? Eh? Impossible?

Tell me the reasons it's impossible for me to like Carroll..

She's your rival, she's a competition, she pisses you off, she hates you, she's beautiful, she's strong.. She's cold towards everyone.. Her stare is cold as ice but even so, her green orbs still have the world in them.. She does everything, really perfect. I hate her.

Do I really hate her? Or maybe it's the opposite? Ugh fuuuuuck! I can't fucking sort myself out! And if I like her, I'm screwed then! She's straight for the effin damned lesbians who fell for straight girls!

"Melissa... Do you um.. wanna sleepover? Or should we take you to your house?" Skye's voice took me out of my weird thoughts. "I'll.. Hmm.." Maybe mom's in good mood today.. but.. screw it, she'll beat me up anyways, either I take the other way.

"I'll sleepover," I answered then the girl beside me squealed gleefully and hugged me tightly. "Thank you babe!" "Sometimes I wonder if you two really are only best friends, or are you two together.." Aunt Melanie stated as she killed the engine. "Nah, your daughter is straight," we chuckled and entered their lovely house, the house you can call home.

I like their house way too much than mine. I feel welcomed here, aunt Melanie and uncle Vittorio makes me feel like their second child. I came out to them and waited for them to tell me to not see Skye anymore or kick me out but to my surprise, they hugged me. Telling me how they're happy and supportive for me. They even ship me and Skye but no, Skye is cute and everything but we're just best friends, nothing more than that.

The Sullivans make me feel what it is like to have home.. They make me feel loved.

"Make yourself comfortable, I'll just make dinner.." I suddenly thought of my former mom, my mom who didn't beat me, who didn't said horrible shit to me..

The mom who loved me.

"Melissa! Don't forget your lunch!" My mom reminded. I grabbed the paper bag from the counter and kissed her cheek. "See ya, mom!" I waved then ran to catch the bus.

'She loved me, she loved me, she loved me," I kept repeating to myself.

Until I explored and came to the conclusion I like girls.