26: Opening The Book

Carroll

We went to an ice cream parlor somewhere near the school after my uncalled for break down. Melissa suggested it because according to her, ice cream will make anyone's day better and I hope that is true because I may really need something to make me feel better after seeing that cocky jerk in our school.

I really will do everything it would take to not see him ever again. He's pathetic. But all of the negative vibes that I felt earlier was gone in an instant when Melissa stayed by my side.

"Melissa," I called out, stopping the both of us abruptly from walking. She turned her head towards me. "Yes?" I turned my whole body to face her before I held both of her arms. "I don't know how to express my gratitude, but I want to say thank you for staying with me.." Melissa's lips quirked up.

"You don't have to thank me for staying, Carroll, because I would stay by your side without you saying it.." She explained, but why did she leave then? She seemed to read was what on my mind as she answered, "I know, I should be the one sorry here because I left you earlier..for some silly reasons but that's not important because I'll do everything to not leave your side ever again.."

"That reminds me.." I let go of her arms. "Why did you leave? That was unnecessary and rude for the visitor but I couldn't care less if you were rude to him anyways.." My question seemed to unnerve Melissa. She started fidgeting and avoided my eyes.

After a while, she finally answered, "I got creeps when he entered the school. You're right, he's a creep and I shouldn't have left you alone with him and I'm sorry for leaving you.." I nodded at her, dismissing the topic. She has a point; that Greg guy is a creep. I don't even know why he's the president of the school council of Meinfield.

"C'mon, the ice cream will melt." Melissa smiled before she held my hand and ran, pulling me together with her. I just went on with her while staring at her as a smile suddenly crept into my lips.

We weren't running for too long until the ice cream parlor came into the view. We entered together. The place is calming but the coffee shop that Melissa is working for is calmer. There isn't too many people occupying this place, surprisingly, seeing that it's near our school. This is a perfect place for students to hang out, so it's just surprising to see that we're the only ones here. We ordered and took our seats.

I expect Melissa to talk, since that's what a normal person would do if someone broke down in front of them, but instead she kept silent and focused on eating her ice cream rather than talking about what happened earlier.

I actually neglected my ice cream and let it melt as I just kept on staring at her in disbelief. After what seemed like an eternity, she finally felt my stare and looked up with those always questioning blue eyes. "What?" She queried with her spoon slowly falling to her bowl. I tilted my head before asking, "Aren't you going to ask me anything?"

The blonde shrugged. "Hmm.. No because if you wanted to tell me, you would but if you do not, you wouldn't.. Simple aye? We could just enjoy the silence for once and for all and just keep on eating our ice creams in peace if you want to..." She paused to take one bite then she resumed to speaking, "but if you want to talk about it, I'll listen.." She blessed me once again with her smile.

"You're the best Melissa." I stated before standing up. Her cerulean orbs stared at me with confusion in them. I went to her side and hugged her. "I love you, Melissa." I felt her stiffen at I am not sure what but eventually she answered me. "I love you too, Carroll." There was something in her voice when she stated those words. I still couldn't know what but it was laced with something else..

"C'mon, your ice cream is melting!" Melissa jokingly pushed me away, making me reluctantly go back to my seat. Usually I'm not this affectionate with others, but Melissa turned the tables and I'm hoping to share more of my secrets with her in the future. Secrets that even Georgina and Emma still do not know. I kept all of these to myself because I couldn't trust someone enough to actually tell them, not even Georgina. I know that I can trust her, but I want someone who will listen to me with all of their heart and still look at me the same way before after I tell them my secrets. Unexpectedly, something in me keeps shouting Melissa.