4: The meeting

Melissa

Great. I've been dreading for this class to end, and now it has. I have to face Carroll, I don't even know if that's possible. I don't know if being in a room with her is possible, I can't even stand having an eye contact with her.

"Hey Mels, do you have a plan on going to that meeting? You've been staring on your notebook for thirty minutes," Skye's confused voice asked, making me slap myself in my mind.

"Thirty minutes?! And you haven't done anything? You were just sitting there, waiting for me?" I involuntarily shouted. Skye was a bit shocked when I snapped, I am too.

"Oh my god, Carroll is going to kill me!" I panicked then made a beeline towards the door. "Let's hurry up then!" Skye also began running after me.

Fuck, they already might have started without me, and that's not good for my reputation. I'm the vice president I'm supposed to be in all meetings at all time. I'm going to run for president and this isn't good for my reputation.

Am I still running for president? I don't think I still have the strength and guts to be the president and face Carroll's wrath, never ready.

I stopped in front of the usual meeting room and suddenly, Elisabeth's voice was heard.

"There she is! Hey Melissa, come in!" I complied and mumbled a sorry before going to my usual seat next to Carroll's. God. "I'm sorry for interrupting, you may now-"

"We will now proceed to our meeting.." She interrupted with a sharp tone and stare. Fine, I just looked at the screen and shut my mouth up.

"Does any of you know to why we're here?" I looked around as everyone shook their heads. Same, I don't know-

"Madison, you seem to know why we're here," oh I forgot to shake my head together with them but that doesn't mean that I know why we're here. She seemed to be picking me out often today, and that's not good. Probably because I saw her vulnerable state yesterday and maybe she thinks that I'm going to use that against her.. However, that's where she's wrong. No matter how much I want to defeat her, I will never use her emotions against her.

I'm not a greedy piece of shit nor a heartless bitch.

I looked up and was immediately met by her cold gaze that never failed to freeze my whole body and soul. "N-not really.." I stammered. She glared at me before returning her attention to the screen.

"As you can see, Headmistress wanted our school to participate the pride month, indirectly, before this school year ends," giggles and whispering were heard as the words pride month left her mouth. I am excited too, finally! I can finally express my pride without marching for god's sake.

"So, any suggestions.. on what our club should do?" Silence.. I think I have an idea on where this question will lead to..

"Vice president?" She asked, her voice not softening even a bit. See. Damn, I don't have any idea. Try your best to impress, Melissa! Think of something!

"What if.. Hmm.. Present something like, dance, song, poems about lgbtq people on the stage? Different girls not only from our club but from the whole school..?" I don't know if that's a good suggestion but that's all I could come up with.

"Anything else?" I knew it wasn't good enough to reach Carroll's standards.... but at least I tried..

"Marriage booth?" Carroll shook her head. "Photo booth?" Carroll shook her head again. "Gays in the jail?" Anna suggested that engendered Carroll's attention. All of us stared at her with a look of curiosity.

"And what is that?" Carroll asked in a demanding voice; however, Anna just smirked before she started explaining.

"We randomly pull girls and jail them then they have to make out with another girl to be free, sounds fun right?" Carroll disappointedly shook her head at the idea. It's silly.