29: Confession

Today is Tuesday, two days after Carroll, together with Melissa, went to visit her mom. When Carroll returned to the current house she's living in, she kept her emotions under control, even though seeing her father being happy with that..whore, as she has described her, makes her skin crawl in disgust and anger.

Caesar, her father, sensed that something was up with his daughter, but paid no mind, telling himself that it's normal for Carroll's demeanor to change every now and then. He continued being affectionate with his wife and his children, excluding Sam and Carl, who were in their own rooms at that time.

Carroll immediately searched for her older brother, Sam, who was busy with something on his laptop. Probably something to do with the company. Sam practically beamed when he saw who made time to visit him. "Carroll!" The dark-haired guy stood up and enveloped his younger sister in his broad arms. Sam knows how rare it is to have his only sister, well only pure sister, visit him; and he's thankful for having her visit him on her own accord.

The younger brunette groaned but hugged her brother back nonetheless. "Sam, I can't breathe," she hit her brother's back while she was speaking. The older brunette raised his arms in surrender, however, a naughty grin was on his lips. Sam went to sit on his desk, in his little office, motioning for Carroll to sit on the chair in front to which Carroll obliged.

"So," the brother started, rubbing his hands together like a wicked scientist. "What brings the busiest teenage girl in the world to my room?"
The description Sam gave made pools of emerald roll in annoyance. Realizing that Carroll is not buying any of his humor, he quickly shut up.

When Carroll was sure that Sam will not crack one of his stupid jokes, she started saying what she has to. "Sam, we need to talk.. It's about mom."

At the mention of their mom, Sam couldn't help but to be surprised. He didn't show it though, he just nodded and waited for whatever Carroll has to say.

"Did father tell you why mom and him split up?" Sam shook his head yes, which quite didn't take Carroll by surprise anymore. Now that her wicked father was the one who told about it, she's pretty sure that Caesar told her brother some twisted crap story. Carroll waited for her brother's answer with stoic, her face seeming to be void of any emotions.

"Dad told me that mom was cheating that's why.. He didn't go further other than that.." Sam explained. Carroll's emotion-free face was immediately filled with anger as soon as Sam ended his answer. Caesar's way of explaining everything to Sam made Carolyn the bad person, which in any angle is not true at all. Carolyn didn't cheat at him first, but Carolyn already filed a divorce when she was caught having an affair with her best friend. She was just waiting for Caesar to sign.

Perhaps, Caesar really waited for that kind of thing to happen so that he could make everything in his favor. What a manipulative asshole.

Carroll growled, "Nothing of that is true." Sam became confused, but he decided that he hasn't seen Carroll lie. Whatever she says, it is straightforward and not sugarcoated or what. So, he believed her. He had sensed it though, in the past when their father told him about that, he knew that Caesar was lying. It was shady to Sam that his father didn't give much detail of his mother cheating on him.

"Tell me everything about it."

And so, Carroll did. She told him about everything. From the beginning to the present. About the twins, Hilary, the custody, everything. Sam turned dead serious and didn't once interrupt when his little sister was narrating everything. It was amazing how the joker Sam went dead serious for a long period of time.

"And after everything that mom told me, I decided that I'll go live with her. If I can, and I must, I will bring Carl with me." Carroll ended the story there. Meanwhile, Sam remained silent after. The brown-haired girl was just waiting for her brother's approval and opinion, though nothing would change her mind about her moving to her mom, she still wanted to know how he'd feel.