24: Work of Art

Melissa

Why!? Why did it have to be her? She was addressing me as her 'friend' endlessly last night! That's what friends do, we're friends.. And whatnot.. Goddamn, I know that I'll be the mayor of the zone, but please, don't slap it hard to my face! I know my place!

I tossed around trying to find the perfect position but it was nonsense. An arm is wrapped around my waist. This person behind me, who I guess is my best friend, is probably still asleep and I don't want to move because that'd wake her up.

"Skye, unwrap your arms... I need to get up.." I whispered ever so soft. I just received a grumble from her, "I'm not the one hugging you.." Skye's voice didn't come from the girl hugging me.

My heart started to pound hard against my chest.

Am I thinking of the same thing as yours?

But that's impossible. Her distaste for me is still evident and unstoppable. God, she is so repulsive. Of course, someone who hates you would not even give laying and sleeping beside you a thought, that's just crazy.

Carroll is not crazy.

I am..for her..

Oh dear lord! I'm lovesick..

I decided to turn around, slightly lifting the arm that was wrapped around my torso. As I was turning around, my heart started beating faster at the possibility that this girl behind me is my crush. Okay yeah, I admit it, am I brave? No, I can't even tell Carroll how I feel.. It sucks.

I'm a coward, afraid of rejection. God damn.

I don't want this person to be her, yet at the same time I want it to be her. I'm so confused. I want to feel her arms around me, now my desire became clearer. I long to be in her arms..

I am finally facing the person hugging me. Her hair was covering her face. I moved it away, even though I could already see a glimpse of her face through her hair.. Long brown hair, snow white skin, red plump lips, perfectly carved nose, rosy cheeks... I sure know who this beautiful face belongs to.. I know this perfect face..

I've memorized this image. It's already imprinted on my brain. God, her face is an alive portrait. It's a work of art. Her smile is already one of my happiest memories in all my living fourteen years.. I know her face all too well, but..

I do not know how it feels like to touch those pale cheeks of hers. Will it be cold? Will it be  warm? Will it send that electrifying feeling throughout my whole system? Will it be soft? Will it be like my drug once I've touched it? Get addicted to touching it.. How will it feel under my cold, sweaty palms?

Are my filthy palms worth of her sacred face?

Would she let me touch it even for once?

Her red plump lips.. Those are the things that I want to taste the most now. I want to feel them against my own, devouring each other.. Tasting each other as we explore one another.. I want to feel those red things kissing their way up and down my whole body.. I want to feel all of her to me.. I wonder how it is to be loved by her... I wonder how it feels like to be the person she trusts the most.. I wonder..

I could only wonder about my fantasies and hidden desires..

I sighed heavily, moving away from Carroll as far as possible. I wouldn't know until when I can control myself from not touching her tempting face. Why was she hugging me anyways? And why didn't I end up sleeping on Skye's side? I tried to remember what happened last night as I went to my bag to get my toothbrush.

What the fuck happened last night?!

I tried remembering, only to get blurry visions.. Ugh, think of something Melissa...