14: Jealousy..

Melissa

"Melissa?" My mom asked through her gritted teeth. She was smiling with wide open eyes like a psycho. Everything I've seen was frightening. When I looked at her, I didn't see my mom. What I've seen is a complete monster. I don't know this woman anymore. I shouldn't have come out, I should've kept my mouth shut..

I shouldn't have been myself.

"Y-yes, m-mom?" Her psychotic eyes finally found me and at that moment I was praying for God's forgiveness for my mother. I hope she wouldn't end up suffering in hell just because of her wrong beliefs.

"Oh, you're there, my child!" A hard slap stung my cheek. "Starting from now on, you will never address me as your mother, do you understand that?" I nodded timidly. Another slap. "I can't hear you!" She leaned her ear closer to my face.

"Y-yes, mo-.. Patri-" she slapped me once again, making my glasses fall off. Goddamn, why my glasses?! "What did I hear?!" She isn't deaf, is she? "Y-yes, P-patricia.... I hate you.." I mumbled the last part to myself but soon regretted it. I'm so fucking stupid, I forgot that her ear is close to my mouth.

"You arrogant piece of shit!" A fist is about to hit me.

"No! Mom! Please don't!" I screamed as my body jolted up straight. I looked around the room, thankfully I'm not in class. Well it's night so, lucky me. I buried my head in my hands. "When will it stop?!" I whispered to myself as my eyes started to swim in unshed tears. This goddamn woman won't just stop haunting me, will she? She's even in my sleep!