23: Let Me Drown

Carroll

Emma is hosting another sleepover and she invited both Skye and Melissa. I decided to use this chance to take Melissa to my house, as well as my small circle of friends. They've never been in my house for a while now, so why not take this opportunity?

"Well.. We have to wait for them here then.." Georgina stated with a bored tone, probably tired of having to wait again. Opposite to what Emma is feeling. "Yes, yes, yes! Carroll is hosting the goddamn sleepover! I love you Carroll!!!" She ran towards me but stopped as soon as I raised my gaze and pointed it sharply at her. Emma raised her hands, "Okay fine! Eyes off! you're scaring me.." She walked away and went to sit across Georgina, rolling her eyes, of course.

"Can you believe this, Georgie? Elsa is hosting the goddamn sleepover!" The blonde that never fails to make my skin crawl squealed again. She then added, "Why are you just sitting down there, George? You should be celebrating, idiot!" But the brunette never paid her any ounce of her attention, instead she continued to surf or do whatever she's doing with her phone.

A silent chuckle escaped my lips. I don't know if it's called a chuckle but I smiled while puffing out air without making any noise, similar to chuckling. Just minus the sound.

The doorbell rang causing me to run straight towards the door. I prepared myself before opening the two doors. "Hello," I smiled at them. They both returned the smile, and I got to see that smile that only Melissa has; however, her smile seemed sad though, and therefore I wasn't able to see her smile exactly. Something's up, I wonder what..

"Hello Carroll!" Skye greeted back as she hugged me. It feels..odd.. Good odd.. It feels good to be hugged.. After we've both pulled away from the hug, I decided to hug the girl who is 24/7 on my mind.  She tensed but soon fell defenseless to me. Skye looked surprised but her look soon turned into a sympathetic one. I wonder why..

I inhaled the strawberry scent of Melissa. Sweet and innocent. It smells good.. I might even add, intoxicating. My mind seems to be trying to remember what her smell is like. I wonder if it's just me or is she doing the same too?

After what felt like an hour, we pulled away from the hug. She smiled at me then said, "Hello, Carroll.." Her voice wasn't happy even for a bit. Her eyes were gloomy, reddish, and puffy.. Had she been crying? If she was, then why?

I was going to ask if it weren't for Emma's rude ass.

"So let's go now! They're here, all's set!" Emma shouted causing me to let go of Melissa's shoulders. "Excuse me, I'll just fetch my purse.." I said, running as fast as I can to the living room to get it.

"Where are we going? Are we already leaving?" Skye was asking. Her question made me want to chuckle, but I didn't. She's talking but the girl with her isn't and it's bothering me. Melissa's dolor seemed to be contagious that I am also feeling down. Something tells me that something is clearly wrong.

If she's not happy, then I'm not happy too.

"We'll sleep at my house," I announced as I went to where they were standing. "Melissa seems down.. Has something happened?" Georgina questioned and finally, Melissa's head shot up as she looked towards Georgina's direction. "Huh? Me? No.. I'm just tired and worn out.. Many things have happened today.. I'm fine.. Don't worry about me.." Melissa stated in a monotone and tried to cover up anything else with a smile, a smile that I am certain is fake, to try cover up her sorrow or whatever causes her sorrow. But not to me, she wouldn't be able to hide that sorrow from me.

Georgina and I exchanged looks. Meanwhile, Emma was already hopping into her car, too dumb to notice anything. "C'mon Georgie! Let's go! Hop on!" Emma yelled from the window as Georgina lazily complied and went in, leaving only me standing all alone here.