6: A Change Of Heart?

Carroll

As I was roaming around the room, I saw Madison put her hand on top of Sullivan's. I don't know if her action should make me want to hit Sullivan on the face and tell her to fuck off, or is it just me?

They were smiling and making too much eye contact with each other. "Yes ma'am!" Madison exclaimed. "Silence, Madison," I returned to my seat after I scolded her.

Why are Madison and Sullivan acting as if they're couples or what? Wait, are they together? I don't even know why this is bothering me! I must've lost my mind. I wasn't acting like this before Madison started acting strangely. It's her fault.

"Fuck! Fuck fuck fuck, wrong decision! Help me!" Madison screamed. Everyone turned their attentions towards them, even me. Her voice was like, screaming in pain..
I couldn't take this any longer. I stood up and approached to where Madison was sitting.

'Babe, Carroll's coming!' her best friend whispered a second before I put a hand on her shoulder. I don't know if it's me or them, but I just hear their whispers.

"Have a word with me, Madison." She slowly stood up and followed me to the door.

"Madison," I closed the door and turned around to face her. Those sparkling cerulean orbs greeted me warmly even though I can tell that Melissa is a little bit afraid of what's about to come.

"You know that you deserve a punishment for cursing loudly, don't you?" I queried as I went closer to her. "Y-yes.. I..I.. I'm aware.." There she go with stammering again. She's talking to me as if she's talking to the principal, or worse.

"But.. You tell me the reason first before I give you the punishment.." I added. After I had asked her the reason behind her actions, she looked like she was arguing with herself whether to tell me or not..

Or maybe, she's thinking of a lie she can tell me.

"I..I can't.." Madison shuddered. Of course, now my suspicions of her hiding something is proven right. "Do I have to repeat myself?" Seems like I won't get any answer.

She looked on the ground and waited for me to say something. If she thinks that I'll just give up easily, no. Especially now that I am aware that she's hurt. If she thinks that I'll just punish her not knowing the reason behind her actions is, she's wrong.

I grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards the empty room of student council. I locked the door behind me.
"Madison.. What you did was so.. Indecent... and I have to punish you.." I explained, my tone becoming a little bit impatient. "But you have to tell me your reason first before I judge you.." I demanded once again. I was taken aback when her voice increased to a yell.

"Then do so!" She yelled while tears started falling on the ground as she held her head down. I felt something in my chest when I saw her crying.
That feeling made me do what I did next.

I wrapped my arms around her, just like how she did to me when she has seen me crying in the comfort room. Her trembling stopped as she realized that I'm the one hugging her.

"You can tell me anything.. I'll try my best to understand your situation.." I reassured her. I rubbed circles on her back while she continued to sob, leaving my blouse a little damp, but I didn't mind.

I don't know why I'm doing this, neither the reason I'm feeling these different kinds of emotions. I'm supposed to do nothing, and to feel nothing,..

I'm the ice queen, but why am I suddenly feeling things?

"I'm gay," she blurted out as she pulled away. I looked at her then hugged her again. If only I could be this understanding and accepting before..