Chapter 3

Chapter 3

"It tastes horrible." Percy grunted, wiping his mouth. He felt like some fire coursed through him or something, like the river Phlegethon. It wasn't pleasant to revisit the old memories.

"I'm going to kill the person who did this!!!" Annabeth blazed. "Wait Annabeth! Be reasonable! Why not we list down a few suspects?" Percy said.

"We don't know anything!!!!" Annabeth yelled frustratedly. "Your Perseus theory doesn't make sense.... at all!" "Come on Annabeth! It isn't so bad....the other campers don't know our real identities yet....we could prod some fun and not be scolded!" Percy reasoned.

"We'll have to stay in the Hermes cabin and I'm not up for it." Annabeth huffed. "Who cares??" Percy grinned.

The next day, Percy and Annabeth, both grimy and sweaty (the pair previously went to go fight some monsters in the forest) trudged up the hill. "Help!" Percy called weakly, stifling his laughter. Meanwhile, Annabeth couldn't believe  she was letting Percy make her go through this! 

She held her hand, which she pretended was limp and injured. "Chiron! There's two demigods there hurt!" Travis Stoll called out. Soon more campers were crowding the two demigods. "Weren't you on Annabeth's bunk this morning? Who are you?" Malcolm said suspiciously.

Percy begged Chiron through the eyes to not say anything. The centaur huffed, then galloped away.

"Who sent you here? Where's your satyr?" questions bombarded the two new demigods. "I don't know..." Percy groaned. "We met up with two people...they said they were half bloods or something. Umh....one had dark hair and green eyes and the other blond."

"Percy and Annabeth?" "Hey wait, were they on a quest?" "Is it why we didn't see them for some time?" questions started to arouse again.

"I'm especially sure I saw you yesterday!" A child of Athena accused. "Can you explain that?" "T- I don't know.... It was night I think when the two people lead us out...lead us somewhere." Annabeth  caught herself before mentioning her sibling's name. 

"I think they need to go to the infirmary." Piper announced, using her charmspeak to quieten everyone. Then she turned away, muttering "Why didn't Percy and Annabeth say anything to us..."

-ruseandmuse