TWENTY-FIVE

As soon as Manik left the room maa turned to see me.I was on my knees crying hard.

She shook her head while crying and went away from there.

"Maaa!"I yelled-cried but she had gone already.

"Ye sab Kia hogya Bhagwaan ji!Main Kia karoon!"I palmed my face,crying bitterly on my fate.

"Jesa aap chahti hain wesa hi ho raha hai!"

I raised my head up at the door from where the voice came.

"Di?"

She entered in my room and locked the door behind.

Coming towards me she held my shoulders and made me sit on the bed.

Sitting beside me she held my palms on my laps while I continued to weep like a child.

"Manik chale gaye Nandani!Wo ghar chor kar chale gaye!"She spoke with teary eyes and my eyes shot up at her,listening her words.

"Kia aap unse pyaar nhi karti?Dont you love Manik?"Her words got tinted with anger,suddenly.She looked hurt.

I lowered my teary eyes when she sighed and nudged my chin up.

"Kyon Nandani?Why are you spoiling your life?Aap khud apni zindagi barbaad kar rahi hain!Kyon?"She was so soft at the moment that I couldn't control and threw my arms around her,sobbing in her chest.

"Main-main Kia karoon Di! Main Manik se bohot pyaar karti hn Di lekin main maa se bhi bohot pyaar karti hn!Maa tou meri taraf dekh bhi nhi rahi ab!Wo naraaz hogayi hain mughse!"I cried loudly and Di rubbed my back affectionately to calm me down.

"Bua maa,Aapki maa hain Aur koi bhi maa apne bache ki khushi nhi cheenti!Just go and hug her,see how she'll gather you in her arms!"Di broke the hug and cupped my cheeks after wiping my tears.

"No Di! I've broken her trust!She won't forgive me!"I cried again and Di closed her eyes,sighing tiredly.

"Tou iska matlab aap kal Armaan se shadi kar rahi hain aur wo bhi is wajah se k aap pyaar ka iqraar karne se darti hain!"Di left my cheeks and spoke,anger and hurt laced in her tone.

"Nhi Di..."Before I could say something she stood up from bed.

"Ek baat yaad rakhiyega Nandani!Hamare bhai aap k sath khare the,aap k liye puri dunya se larne k liye tayyar the lekin apni na-samjhi ki wajah se aap apna pehla pyaar kho bethi!Ek Aur gustaakhi kar gayi aap!"Di glanced at me for last time and left the room,leaving me flummoxed.

That night I couldn't sleep.Clutching the pillow tight to my chest I cried thinking about me and Manik.

Mera pehla pyaar hai Manik!Kia main  jee paongi uske bina!