TWENTY-SIX

"Armaan!" I shouted and Armaan who was sitting in mandap  looked up.His eyes widened seeing me and then stopped at Nandani.He must've noticed her filled hairline.

My roar made everybody whip their heads at us.I heard several gasps but I was least bothered to them.

Mughe jo karna tha wo kar lia maine!

Armaan stood up from mandap and marched towards us not before thrashing his sehra in some corner of the hall,angrily.

I pulled Nandani behind me.She was still numb which was scaring shit out of me but only she left me with no option.Ive to do this or else we couldn't be together,never.

I smirked at an angry Armaan and he raised his fist to punch me,
"MANIK!"

Before he could fulfil his dream to punch me I held his fist in air only.A cocky smile replacing my smirk.

"In your dreams Mr.Armaan! In your dreams!"I chuckled sarcastically and jerked his fisted palm back.

"Main tughe chorunga nhi!How dare you fill her hairline?Wo tughse pyaar nhi karti! She loves me!"Armaan shouted and I gave him a bored look.

"Hogya? Chal ab patli gali pakar!" I shrugged and gestured him towards the open door making him purse his lips angrily.

"Kia zamana aa gaya hai dulha mandap main betha hai aur dulhan apne ashiq se shadi kar gayi! Arey kuch nhi tou kam az kam apne mare hue baap ka hi lihaz kar leti!"A whisper and my eyes shot up at its direction.The lady standing beside Kamini aunty was muttering venomously while Kamini aunty was busy shooting daggers at Nandani.

"Jahan tak mughe yaad hai Mrs.Arora apki beti ghar se do baar bhaag chuki hai! Aur apke mian ji teen baar bhaag chuke hain!"I spoke with tight smile and her face omitted all colour. My eyes turned sharp and I glared at her asking her to shut her shitty mouth.

"Agar kisi ne Nandani ki taraf ankh bhi utha kar dekha tou main uska wo haal karunga k khud ko dekhne laiq bhi nhi bachega!"I sneered while roaming my eyes at every guest and atlast they stopped at Kamini aunty.I glowered at her,threatening not to utter a word against my love or else she would see worst of me.
I know her tongue was churning to abuse Nandani.

"Nandani is mine! Main nhi manta ye sab!"Armaan growled and tried to hold Nandanis palm when I kept my palm on his chest.

"NANDANI.MANIK.MALHOTRA!Meri biwi hai,zubaan sambhaal k baat kar!"I growled back and then lowered my voice inquisitively.I felt Nandani shivering behind me as she clutched my shirt in her palms.

"BUT SHE DOESNT LOVE YOU!"Armaan shouted being exasperated and punched me on my face.

That punch was so unexpected that my face tripped sideways due to the sharp intake of his knuckles.
My jaws tightened and my knuckles turned white as I realised blood dripping out of my nose.I raised my lashes up at Armaan and believe me he stumbled back seeing that cruel monster awakening in my eyes.

Before I could beat him black and blue Nandani came in front.
Her eyes teared up as she touched my nose which was bleeding.
"Why?"A tear escape from her eye and my eyes softened.