*37*

-Hayden's POV-

I wake up, get changed and we all meet at the lobby for breakfast.
I walk over to the water fountains and admire the view.
Bora Bora is so beautiful.
I turn around and see the Leblanc family arriving, I remember what I said to Hayley yesterday... she was probably crying all night.
"Hey Hayley" I say nervously.
Her eyes grow wider and she looks scared.
"Hi" she barley says. She walks over to Brooke.
"Hayley told me what happened" Annie said, "It was wrong of me-" I said but she cut me off.
"No, I understand, trust me I do... headaches can can pretty painful, but the main reason on she is sad is because she thinks of you as a big brother..."
She says then continues.
"Hayden, since Caleb died... Hayley never laughed and barely smiled.
But ever since you came into our life, you made it even brighter. She loves you like a brother, and that's a lot.
She just didn't expect that"
I sigh and say " Your amazing Annie" then all we walk to breakfast.

"AHHHHH" a loud scream startled me as we walk to breakfast.
A big crash is heard after that.
I look around and see Hayley on the floor. She must have tripped.
Katie helps her up and her cheek is bruised and it looks like her shoulder is scratched.
She tries to hold back her tears... but she isn't doing well.
I go over to her and carry her. As my arms reach her waist, she pulls away and screeches. She looks at me like i'm a murderer. She looks terrified.
She runs in tears to Billy.
I look down in shame and we continue walking to breakfast.

-Annie's POV-

"Ok so we all are going to a small island which is an hour boat journey. Unfortunately, Hayley can't join us, as you can see she is hurt, so she will stay back at the hotel" Nicole says.
I look over at Hayley and give her an apologetic smile. I see the tears she is holding back.

• • •

"Bye Hayley" I say and hug her.
"Hayley, don't cry" I say and rub her back.
All of us leave and prepare to go in the van.
"Annie! I'm not coming" Hayden says
"What, why not"
"Hayley should not be the only one who misses out on this experience, I don't want her to feel bad. And... things aren't great between us"
"That's so sweet of you"
We hug goodbye and I hop in the van.
I know everything will work out in the end between them... It always does.

• • •