From yours truly, Maria

Three months later

"He knows something I don't." I say again for what feels like the millionth time since the chitauri.

"He was lying." Dad replied shortly.

"Yeah, I think that you're lying." I say, putting my spoon back in my cereal bowl.

"Maria, your Father isn't lying." Pepper stupidly says, putting a hand on his arm.

"I didn't ask your opini-, never mind, just tell me what he knows."

"He doesn't know anything Maria!" He shouts, slamming his hand on the table.

"He evidently does, and if you won't tell me, then I'll find him and find out myself!" I argue back.

"No you will not!" Dad loudly says.

"You watch me. You're hiding her identity for a reason."

"I have never hidden her, you know exactly who she is and how she died."

"Mm, yeah, car crash story just isn't cutting it for me anymore, Jane Smith? Couldn't you have thought of a more creative name?" I retort.

"You don't know what you're talking about." Pottsy pipes up.

"Oh believe me I do. He's lying to me about who my own Mother is, I think I deserve an honest answer."

"I already told you, her name was Jane Smith, she was my girlfriend shortly, and about a month after-"

I interrupt, "You had me, she went out in her car, most likely drunk, and crashed into a tree."

"Exactly, you know what happened, so why, when some crazy man, tells you different, are you believing him?"

"I'm leaving."

"Good, go to your room."
____________________

Dad,
I know that you are lying. I can tell. I'm leaving for a bit. When I'll return?Well, who knows? Just, don't expect me to return for a while. I'll be fine, honest, don't worry about me and don't try and track me for god's sake. I promise I'll come back, but only when I have answers. I didn't tell you, but I visited the hospital I was "born" at. There's no records at all of a Jane Smith giving birth to a girl on the 13th November 1996. Looks like you couldn't give them enough money to pretend. Lies, my whole life.
From yours truly,
Maria.