Chapter Four

"What are you doing?" A voice asked behind me. I stopped on the sidewalk knowing that voice all to well. 

        "Walking home Niall." I said with a slight sigh at the end.

        His eyes held what seemed to be pain. But I wouldn't know if it was coming from Niall.

        "Did you really mean that for your nightmare?" he asked. I bit my lip.

        Everything that ever happened between us flashed in my mind. All the times he's physically and mentally abused me. When he first admitted his feelings for me. Threats after threats daily for weeks telling me not to spill his secret. It became a game to him. A game I never wanted to play. 

        "Yes." I said biting the inside of my cheek. 

        "You never really ever gave me a chance though." He stated. I scoffed and crossed my arms. 

        "You abused me. I remember going through bottles of cover up every week to cover the damage. Why would I ever give YOU a chance?" I asked him bringing everything back. 

        His eyes flashed a cold emotion. It was the same look he got right before he always used to abuse me. Seconds later my arm was in his hand and i was being dragged into the woods. My mouth remained silent knowing I would get even more hurt if I yelled out for help. 

        "Never speak about that again." He growled, digging his nails further into my skin. 

        A gasp left my lips and tears burned my eyes. But I knew better then to allow them to fall. Soon I was being pressed into a tree. The bark dug into my back. His fist connected with my small stomach, making my body lurch forward. No sound left my mouth. His eyes were filled with anger and lust as he continued to beat me. Kicks and and punches bruised my body. Tears stained my cheeks and my hair became tangled. Finally a slap was delivered to finish off the beating. His hand left my throat. I gagged and gasped for air as I lay crippled on the cold ground. My body ached all over. 

        Niall looked at me one last time before he stuffed his hands in the pockets of his jacket. My eyes began to drop. My breathing was a slower pace but fine. The sun continued to set as I attempted many times to get up and walk the last ten minutes home. My phone lay on the ground next to me. Pain spread through my body as I stretched my fingers to grab the small life saver. Once I held it in my hands I dialed Noah's number. The glass pressed against my ear as the phone rang. 

        "Hello?" He lazily answered the phone

        "Help me." I whimpered into the phone. 

        A hurried sound ended the call and I lay my hand on my bruised stomach. Waiting for Noah to find me hurt. But about an hour of roaming through the woods him and Carter ran towards me, yelling and waving their arms. My eye lids began to heavy, my body ached. I just wanted to sleep.... 

                                                                                                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        "Morning Rae." My mother said folding my pants into a neat pile. 

        My head ached and my body felt like it weighed a million pounds. Unable to function by its self. As my mother left to get me food or whatever my eyes trailed down my bruised arms. The purples and yellows and a little black mixed together to make the huge spots. I traced along the cuts with the pad of my finger tip. They didn't really hurt as bad as you would think.  

        About ten minutes later my mother was shoving bowls and plates at me. Telling me to eat. I nodded and picked up the silver fork and broke into the eggs. The yolk streamed down onto the plate and made a small pool. I took my toast and began to shove the food into my face. 

        Once it was all gone a small pain killer was left as well as a bottle of water. I swallowed the pill and laid back my head. The memory still stuck in my mind. All though I couldn't place when exactly this had happened to me.