Chapter Twelve

Quick authors note. How did you like the poem in the previous chapter. It made my English teacher question my sanity. Like everything I write for that class involves some type of death and yeah. On with my update. FINALLY. ~Nemo

_____________________________________________________________________

        The snow had melted away leaving no trace of ever being there before. The past few days have been quite warm for just going into spring. The heat has even traveled passed the thick windows and into the house, making it possible to retire the sweat pants for shorts. Niall hasn't been home every night and when he comes home he's usually a dick but that's besides the point.

        I curled the last piece of hair and threw on my shirt over my pink tank top. My dark brown hair was in loose perfect curls cascading down my back, my smokey eyes matched my outfit. I wore a black shirt with lace in the back and a pair of shorts with my pink Vans. 

        Niall began to come home once a week, which was last night and not any time sooner. So I've been sneaking out of the house and hanging out with girls I've met from the city over. I couldn't risk being caught by someone here and tell Niall. Cause in all honesty I didn't want to go home yet. 

        I quickly shut the door behind me and grabbed the key from under the mat and walked towards the end of the drive way where I knew Courtney would be. 

        Courtney Maxon was a good person with straight brown hair with two inches of the tips dyed a blonde. She was a skinny girl, skinnier then me, but not anorexic. She has hazel eyes and a ugly sweater on week days sense of fashion. But on the weekends she was a party girl. Her personality matched an excited dog around new people. Courtney was a bubbly person and saved me from a creepy drunk guy looking for a great time.

        I after that we kind of just became friends and now we go clubbing once a week together. She thinks that since I couldn't handle myself with that man I need to be trained in the art of society now a days. Which meant while clubbing dress like a whore and always giggle and flirt. 

        And like I suspected Courtney was in her car at the end of the drive way playing with her phone. I slid into the passenger seat and she smiled at me. Her speakers were pumping out a skrillex song, the bass dropped and the music was turned up. We sped away from the house and listened to the music.

        Marlin was the next town over and the town I hung out in on Friday or Saturday nights, always making it back to the house before Niall was home. The question going through most of your heads is probably, Why doesn't she just go home and escape from Niall?

        Good question. My eighteenth birthday was on August 3rd. And it's like May. So just put up with his bullshit for less then four months. Cause it makes no sense to go home if he'll just find me and kill me. Do you feel me know? Good.

        Courtney started talking about a new club we were going to, only it wasn't in Marlin, it was in Grays. I agreed and flipped through her songs as she drove. She had a very bi-polar sense in music, but I didn't really mind. 

        The smell of cigarettes choked me as I stepped into the building. Sweaty teens and young adults cluttered the dance floor holding shots like it was the most important thing. Many of the 'couples' were grinding and holding each other in awkward ways due to the fact they were drunk. 

        What caught my eye as I walked towards the bar was a group of guys. They sat at a circular table and were dumping back shots and lazily stacking the glasses in a pyramid. I turned my attention away when Courtney began to drag me to the bar. I took a seat on the stool and ended up getting some kind of cocktail.