Chapter Twenty Four

I sat next to Mason on the bleachers along with a lot of other people. Cheers echoed off the walls and music thudded through the room. Soon a voice spoke up over a microphone and they announced Nialls opponent. His name was Michael 'The Ninja' Clifford and he had blue hair and was relatively fit. 

        Once the cheers died down they announced Niall. Since this was his first time back in the ring he didn't pick a name for himself yet. A man walked into the middle of the ring with both of them and a few words and the touching of knuckles were displayed and then they went on opposite sides of the circle. 

        Zayn was talking to Niall while Louis was rubbing his shoulders. Michael was being yelled at over something but it angered him enough to got straight into the center without a word. Niall noticed and then stood up. 

        They wore nothing but their bare fists and a pair of loose or tight shorts. Underground boxing was illegal in every country except France, where they thought it was the most beautiful sport to be in. 

        Niall bounced on the balls of his feet and positioned his fists in front of his face, waiting for the signal to go. Once a bell was rang they started to go at it. 

        Niall earned a few blows to the stomach, crouching down as Michael yelled profanities for him to get up. Once he did the anger shown in his eyes and he swung aiming for Michael's head. Michael ducked but was greeted by Nialls other fist. He fell to the ground clutching the side of his face. Niall began to kick him in the stomach, making his opponent curl in pain and fear.

        Shouts echoed through the building and people screamed 'knock out' and other things in anticipation for Michael to get knocked out. Once Michael started to drip blood from his mouth and a large gash was created where Niall had been kicking Mason and I screamed for Zayn to pull him off. Zayn brushed us off and continued to watch the fight. 

        The reason fighting like this was so illegal was the fact you went until a knock out or even death. Sometimes a knife would be pulled or a gun or you'd get injured so bad it was permanent or they'd just let you die in the hospital. People signed up for the risk and they were paid big bucks if they won. If you lost you'd get half the money and the aching pain of the fight.

        By now Niall was on his knees throwing punches left and right. Michael's body went limp after a hard punch to his temple. The guards quickly ran in and pulled Niall off Michael's body. Niall noticed that he'd won and raised his fist in the air. Cheers roared through the building but Mason and I sat shocked. A tear escaped Mason's eye but she quickly wiped it away and we stood up and walked out of the room and up into the bar. 

        I sat her on one of the stools and calmed her down. She started babbling about how she'd seen him fight a lot but never almost kill a man. Maybe he even killed him, Michael's body was immediately taken from the ring while Niall was celebrating his victory.

        "I've never seen him do that," She whispered over and over again. 

        "Its okay, lets just go," I said. 

        Luckily we didn't arrive with Niall since he was here hours before us. Mason nodded and we quickly left, I took her to hers and Nialls apartment. She asked me if she could come over to my house, almost like she was embarrassed to even show a weak side to her. I told her to go pack a few outfits just in case. 

        About twenty minutes she emerged from the building and threw a large duffle bag into the back seat. We started off towards Noah house, where I lived, and I pulled into a parking space in the back of the parking lot so Niall wouldn't see the car. I quickly ran into the building with Mason at my heels. We took the elevator and I clutched the railing and she looked at me weird. 

        "Are you afraid of elevators?" She asked me. 

        I nodded and looked up at the ceiling waiting for it to stop. Once it did we walked to the apartment and I opened the door, and shut and locked it behind me. 

        "Why are you locking the door?" Noah asked from the table. 

        "Niall," I said pointing the Mason. 

        "Who's that?" Noah asked. 

        "Nialls little sister, she's gonna stay here for how ever long she needs," I said leading her to the guest bedroom and then I showed her around the place. 

        She smiled and then took a shower once I told her to relax. I sat on the chair by the window and looked out for Nialls car. When I watched it pull into the lot I cursed myself and watched him get out and walk into the building obviously furious that we'd left. A few minutes later he was pounding on the door yelling profanities. 

        I heard the water shut off and shuffling in the bathroom. Mason soon emerged from the room obviously scared of what she was hearing. I pointed to my brothers bedroom and we quietly and quickly went into the room. We positioned ourselves into the large closet, I quickly put her in my brother large suitcase and zipped it up partly so she could see. I huddled under the piles of shoes and clothes and other things on the floor in the closet. 

        Nialls voice boomed through out the small apartment and I could hear Noah telling him that I wasn't here. Mason sucked in a breath of air when we heard him walking around. Luckily I told her to put her bag under the bed just in case he showed up. He quietly came into the room, almost like he wanted to sneak up on us. 

        He looked in every place, even the closet in which we were hiding. He didn't notice and then he walked out of the room. Mason let the breath of air go when he left and I poked my head out of the closet and heard Noah tell Niall to leave. When I was sure he had left I got out of my spot and then helped Mason out of hers. 

        She hugged me once we were standing and all stretched out. I smoothed down her hair and lead her out into the living room where Noah was rubbing his temples. 

        "He'll be back," He said slowly. 

        I nodded and grabbing my keys but looked outside for Nialls car. When I watched it disappear down the road I took Mason and Noah out of the house. Just to make sure no one was home when Niall came back. We all packed an outfit or two and we went to a near by motel for the night.

        On the drive there my phone continued to vibrate with angry texts from Niall and calls. Masons was the same way so we just turned off our phones for the rest of the day. 

        Niall either killed him today or he didn't. But the fact we had to watch and Zayn and Louis wouldn't do anything was horrible. 

_________________________________________________________________
So I updated and started this one off with the fight. I think its a good ish update. And the whole France being the only one with it not illegal. I dont know if its true or no but I do think its sort of illegal soooo yeah.... 
My first full year of Quotev is coming up in a few days. Its the 15 of 
January and omg. :D If I don't have school that day I'll probably update all day in the celebration :3 ~Nemo