Chapter Twenty Two

"Nothings more perfect than you," Danielle said to me while we were opening up the shop that day.

        "I just can't believe that he would ever do that to me," I muttered, flipped the 'Sorry We're Closed' sign to 'Yes! We're Open'.

        The sign was really stupid in our opinions but the owner likes it, well actually when you have a shop full of tattooed up teens and young adults you have to have some way of showing that we're not all that bad of people. But the customers love us and they find us sweet and charming, we even have a lot of regulars. 

        "Good morning ladies," Sky said, jumping over the counter. 

        "Morning!" We yelled together, smiling like usual. 

        The day went on as usual but the teens quickly packed in for the end of fall sale. Meaning that winter and wet suits for the water were needed. The weather would be a little up and down but if you wanted to surf in the winter even here, you'd need a wet suit. 

        David, our boss, walked through the door with a sour look on his face. He slammed his fist on the counter cursing as he did. Danielle left the shop and pretended like she was cleaning the surf board out front. I started stocking the shirts faster and faster. David looked livid as he checked the time.

        "Get her back in here," He said referring to Danielle. 

        I did as I was told and waved her in the shop, making a thought go through my head. 'Maybe someone quit.'

        We walked back in and Sky was sitting on the small couch in the middle of the room. David was running his fingers through his hair over and over again. Something was stressing him to the extremes. 

        "Now I'd like to say great job on the sales and inventory today," He said with a half smile. Like he was truly happy that it was done. "But I'm sorry to inform you Dallas will not be apart of our staff anymore," He said angry. 

        I shifted in my seat next to Sky, she noticed and put a hand on my thigh and gave me the look of 'We're talking about this later'. It made my think about all the reasons he would just quit and not just ask for a schedule different from my own. Or maybe he was just moving away from me.

        After David dismissed us we sprawled out and busied ourselves with work until he left the property. After that Sky swarmed me with questions on why I felt uncomfortable about the mentioning of my boyfriend. She didn't know yet, so she was going to be granted a story.

        We sat around for a while and I retold the story about what happened with me and Dallas. I could feel the anger bubbling up inside her as she balled up her little fists. The hatred for Dallas burned high and strong in her eyes. Which kind of scared me. 

        "I'll kill him the next time I see him," She says gritting her teeth. 

        I laughed and have her a hug and tried to calm her down but she ended up breaking a few glasses that were behind the counter. Good thing those glasses were discontinued by the owner because they said the wrong logo on them. 

        The day flew by after that and I left after Danielle did. Sky was waiting for her replacement so someone could keep an eye out for the night swimmers. Which I thought was dumb sense you wouldn't be able to see sharks, but oddly enough we've had no shark attacks in decades. But it was uncommon sense the night swimmers and surfers crowd wasn't huge. 

        I drove down the road and watched the sun slowly go down in the process. Niall was probably at my brothers flat waiting to make sure I got home safe.  I pulled into the parking lot for the complexes, making sure my door was locked as I rushed towards the entrance. While I was down in the lobby I checked the mail as I waited for the elevator to open and take me home. 

        The ding sounded through the quiet open space and I stepped onto the platform, grabbing on of the railings after I shoved the mail into my bag. I tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear and waited for the doors to open back up so I could remove myself from the death trap I was in. 

        Once they opened I ran out and started to breath normally again. Since the door was unlocked I pushed open the door and walked in, setting my bag on the table and pulled out the mail throwing on my sleeping brothers lap. He woke up and looked down, noticing everything that had to be paid for. 

        "You have to help with this too," He yelled at me as I walked towards my bedroom. 

        "My moneys on the table asshole," I shouted back. 

        I changed into a nice pair of pajamas and threw up my hair. My bed looked welcoming so I snuggled deep into the duvet and breathed in the scent of.... Niall? 

        I quickly sat up and looked to my left. Niall was sleeping heavily. In my bed. My bed. I huffed and walked out of my room and laid across the couch and watched Noah stress over the paying of our bills. Soon sleep surrounded me and I was its victim. 

___________________________________________________________________________
Well guys another update!!! This one sucks cause I wrote this while reading the second book in the Divergent series: Insurgent.
If you have not yet read those books omg. There amazing and beautiful and wonderful and just full of surprises. And yeah. You dont even have to like books but these are amazing. <3 ~Nemo