Chapter Ten

The mission had been a trap from the start

The mission had been a trap from the start. Her and Andrew were separated from Jack, Teal'c and Sam. He needed medical attention or he'd die.

She was behind him on her knees to keep him propped up. "Come on Andy... I didn't almost die twice so you could die on me." She kissed his forehead and held him closer to her.

She couldn't lose him, not now. Not on some God forsaken world where they didn't have proper medical equipment. "Hold on, hold on for me Andy. Please. Think of all the babies we can have thanks to the Tok'Ra and their medical knowledge," Her voice broke as she choked out the words, "Please... I can't lose you." She felt the tears fall from her eyes and whimpered.

Someone must have heard her pleads for him to live because he woke up a few hours later. She squeezed his hand and gave him some water. "Drink and save your strength." She whispered.

"What happened?" He asked.
"It was a trap. Coming to this damn planet, we for separated from Jack and the others." She replied and made sure to set the perimeter with c4 and trip wire grenades.
"So how long was I out?" Andy asked as she made a fire.
"Couple days give or take. I've done my best to dress your wound." She said and pulled the blanket out of her backpack. "It gets cold at night and we need have all the warmth we've got."

It gave them a chance to reconcile

It gave them a chance to reconcile. They had been strained for a while since the miscarriage. But she kissed him and smiled.

To be continued...