Chapter Eighteen

She got into the limo to not cause a scene. She rolled her eyes when she seen it was Former Vice President Kinsey.

"What do you want, Kinsey? And don't give me that all higher power and holier than thou speech." She said with a blank face looking at him.

"You know exactly what I want. I want the Stargate under my control." Kinsey said as he told the driver to go.

"I can't believe you, Kinsey. You just never get the picture that you will never get the Stargate." She said and looked at the driver. "Let me out here. I don't have the patience to deal with this man." She was let out and slammed the door in Kinseys face when he tried to follow and patted the car.

She watched as Kinsey fell forward as the car pulled away. She smiled and walked the rest of the way to the White House to meet the President.

"Mister President, thank you for seeing me so late. Former Vice President Kinsey tried to play his cards on me. I think he forgot I'm not on his side." She said as she sat down and gave him the quarterly report from General O'Neill. "The General also said to ask if he could have a permanet restraining order on Kinsey from contacting people on the base and visiting the base. Okay well Doctor Jackson said that." She laughed.

"Former Vice President Kinsey is getting on everyone's nerves who knows about the Stargate

"Former Vice President Kinsey is getting on everyone's nerves who knows about the Stargate. I understand. He's tried to have me arrested a few times on violating some outrageous law he created in his head. Thank you Doctor Marshall, and I'll have a car ready for you once you've cooled off a while." He smiled. "How's the little girl? Last time I seen you you were eight months pregnant still going through the gate on missions."

"She's wonderful, Sir. Her names Natalie Janet after Doctor Fraiser." She smiled sadly. "I'm sure you know that Doctor Fraiser died in the line of duty." She said. "She was helping a good man and a Jaffa shot her."

"I know. I read the report." He said and took her hands to comfort her. He let her cry over her dear friend.

When she arrived back on the base a day later she changed into her offworlding gear after she dropped Natalie off at a work friends place who had children.

She met the others in the gate room after she pulled her hair into a low side pony tail and pulled her hat on. She smiled softly as she walked up the ramp with the others. "The President said he sends his thanks."

They all nodded and headed off to the unknown on the other side of gate. She had her p90 ready as her and Sam did a perimeter. She'd picked up on the ways and actually was allowed to carry a p90 along with a handgun.

"How are you really, Bekah?" Sam asked as they did their half of walking perimeter.
"I honestly could be better. Kinsey tried to get to me in D.C. and I had a laugh watching him fall forward in his limo." She said with a smile.
"Oh I would have loved to see that." Sam laughed as they got back to the gate.
"All clear, you and Teal'c Major?" Sam asked Andrew.
"Clear of any Jaffa, Colonel Carter." Teal'c said and then stood watching guard.

Rebekah and Daniel went about  deciphering the ruins and filming them if they got attacked.  She wrote her translation down and showed it Daniel going pale.

"Daniel what is it?" Andrew asked as he helped Rebekah pack her things back in her pack.

"Not good. It's not good." Daniel replied as he shut his camera off and sighed. "Sam let's get home so we can translate these better." She nodded and dialed Earth.

When they got home, they went through the check ups and then went to translating the stuff with references.

"Damn it!" She slammed the clipboard down in frustration as she held her face. She couldn't concentrate. She was tired and she was still hugged by Kinsey getting to her.

"Take it easy, Rebekah. I know it's frustrating." Daniel said and hugged her to him.
"Something always goes wrong. I guess I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop." She said and leaned into the hug.  She started crying again as she was held.
"I miss her too, Rebekah. I miss her too." He held her tight as he comforted her.

When Andrew came to get them for lunch, he rubbed her back to wake her up from her desk. "Hey babe, let's go get some food." She rubbed her eyes putting her glasses on as she sat up. "Okay.. can I get a coffee?" She asked him.

"Sure." He kissed her head and held her waist as they went to the mess.