Chapter Twenty-One

It was hard for Rebekah. The memorial Service for her husband and holding their little girl in her arms at the Stargate. She swallowed hard. She couldn't believe he was gone.

It had happen so fast.

They were on a standard recon mission when Mitchell had to shout for them to take cover.  She remember shooting and shooting until they got to the gate safely. She had the teams six.

She made sure they got through the gate after she radioed ahead and said they were taking cover and to open the iris cause she didn't have time to type the code.  She made sure they were all through the gate as she kept firing taking the enemies fire.

She had to jump through the worm hole and hit the ramp hard as she landed and groaned in pain. She hated hitting it so hard.

That's when she got the news about Andrew. She fell to her knees and cried right there In the gate room. She held her middle after she got back to her feet and had to be escorted to the morgue.

She took a deep breath and whimpered as she seen him on the table. She closed her eyes as the tears fell from her eyes and she kissed him one last time. "Rest easy, Airman." She said her voice cracking. "Rest in Peace, Major Andrew Jackson."

That was three days ago.

She stood there in her black dress and converse as she held Natalie tightly in her arms as the speeches were given.

"Major AndrewJackson, fine airman. He died in the line of duty. There isn't much to say about him other than he was an outstanding officer and he is survived by two beautiful women. His wife, Doctor Rebekah Marshall and their daughter Natalie Janet Jackson." Daniel spoke the words nobody else could father to say. "He was a good friend, he was a good father and he was and always will be a part of the SGC."

They laid him to rest in the cemetery in Colorado Springs instead of the national hero one.

There was a gathering at their house. She watched Natalie play as her heart dropped out of her chest. She covered her mouth as the tears fell from her eyes. "She's never going to know him. How wonderful he was." She said as Daniel and Cameron stood beside her.

"Uh," she wiped her eyes, "when do we go back to work?" She looked at them. 

"Andrew wouldn't want us to mourn him without continuing his work. Natalie deserves to grow up in a world free and knowing about the Stargate." She said and smiled at their little girl.

A year later..

She was out looking for Natalie cause she liked to run off with the German Sheppard she'd gotten to keep her company

She was out looking for Natalie cause she liked to run off with the German Sheppard she'd gotten to keep her company.  She sighed when she found them and picked Natalie up off the ground and grabbed Jens leash.

She held Natalie who was asleep in her arms close as she walked the two miles back to the house. She laid her in her bed and let Jen off her leash and fed her. She made herself a tomato sandwhich and was eating it when she opened the door.

She stood facing Cameron. "Oh god, come in. I forgot you were coming by today." She let him in and hugged him. "How's work?" She smiled at him softly as he placed a kiss on her forehead.

"It was good. Nothing unusually unusual happened. Just did a lot of paper work." He smiled and pet Jen before he took his jacket off. "Natalie run off again during play time?"

"Yeah. Found her in the same spot as usual. Jen was just curled protecting her." She smiled and walked back into the kitchen. She kissed his cheek smiling softly.

"Do you want anyone at SGC to find out about us, Rebekah?" Cameron asked as he kissed her softly. "I told Sam and Daniel. They were shocked."

"Nobody but them and Teal'c need to know. Natalie likes you though." She smiled and kissed him back softly. "Though I'm not sure if she can tell your not Andrew. She is only three years old."

She made him a tomato sandwich and got him a beer. She sat down on a stool and smiled at him as they told stories about Andrew as always.

"My favorite memory... had to be the time he was invisible." She laughed and smiled.

She had waited a year to the day before she started to get close with Cameron.