Chapter Forty

Cam grabbed her by the arm. "Hey. She'll keep him alive." He said, his southern accent coming through stronger than it usually did.

She looked up at him and walked away from him. She sniffed and her hand moved to her face as she sniffed. She was always losing Andy it seemed. Her brain was tired, it was jolted and she usually didn't remember any important bits of information.  Her brain had been picked and pulled apart by almost every single species she'd encountered.

She just wanted her husband back. She wanted him back so she could go home and sleep peacefully in his arms. She was basically running on coffee and needing to find him. She had been up for 36 hours straight before he was ever taken.

She was sitting in the chair in her office with her knees to her chest. Someone who had four kids and three pregnancies, she was still thin as a twig. She knew it amazed the other women on base and the men never stopped staring at her.  She was use to it from being a archaeologist and she was use to it even now.

Cam leaned against the door and sighed. She was his best friend and he couldn't helped but feel all but useless at this point. He didn't know how much he could help her at this point. It had been two weeks and she was dangerously close to passing out in the field.  He took them all off active duty when she was finally asleep.

"She's going to be out for a while. Why don't we find out everything we can about why someone would want Andrew." He said to Sam and went to get Rebekah.  He took her to the infirmary and had her put under supervision to make sure she didn't do anything irrational like going off on the General again.

He sat with her too and made sure she didn't have a worst case scenario nightmare like she was prone to having without proper sleep.  He had a nurse sedate her heavily so she didn't have convulsions either.

When the found him...

She had to be held back by Teal'c as Cam raised his weapon, Andy nodding in agreement, and fired at the Goa'uld holding Andy as a shield.

"NO!" She screamed at the top of her lungs as she watched her husband be used as a shield. The tears and sobs erupted from her when it went silent and she ran over to Andrew.

"No no no no. I just got you back." She said with tears falling from her eyes and held his face. "I just got you back." Her voice broke as she held his face.

"It's okay to let me go. I'm ready to go." He said and he reached up stroking her face with back of his hand. He smiled at her. "Cam, you take care of my wife." He said as he coughed. "Teal'c, Sam, you both take care of her and the kids too." He coughed again as the blood gurgled in his throat.

"I'm not ready to let you go." She said and leaned down kissing him one last time. She cried as she held onto his lifeless body.  She sobbed and refused to leave his side.

When they got back to the SGC, she was being half walked, half carried by Sam. She was a mess and her chest felt like it was exploding.

Teal'c and Cam came through the gate holding Andy's body.  They took him to the morgue. After the autopsy was done, she kissed his lips softly.  She took a deep breath and whimpered again.