The News (6)

Rochelle POV @ 5:00a.m. two days later

"Mother, what do want for breakfast?" Walking into the living room, on the news I saw a picture of the beautiful girl I met last week.

I dropped the vase in my hands and my mother immediately turned towards me. "What's wrong honey?" "Mom turn up the TV please." What I heard and saw was heartbreaking.

(Frank the host of the news along side his co-host, Alison, reported what happened.)

"Sixteen years old, Esther was abducted Friday night at school. She was attending a dance at the school and while walking to her car she was taken. If anyone has anything about her whereabouts, or has seen a black van around please do not hesitate to call the police. "Alison, what are your thoughts on the abduction?" "Well Frank this abduction is not the first, and as a community we need to make sure that they stop because if we don't find the ones behind it there will be more missing in days. I just don't understand why we have some in society who will do anything they can to get a helpless girl in their bed. I believe these abductions are happening for human trafficking." "Yes, that is a reasonable explanation, Alison. Well we will be back after these commercials."

I didn't even know I was crying till it ended. That poor girl. "Honey, what is the matter?" "Mother, I met that girl the other day and when we met the second time she gave me some money to help with our bills." "O sweetie. That poor girl." My mother had worry all in her eyes. I couldn't handle it. I broke down crying. My mother rushed over to me and we hugged each other for sometime until there were no more tears left.

Once we stopped crying we picked up the mess from the vase and went out to eat breakfast.

I couldn't focus on my mother; I had too many thoughts. The news talked about a black van and it just sounded familiar. I thought back on last Sunday and remembered seeing a black van. When Esther walked out of the store there was a black van that started to follow her. Why wouldn't they take her then? Perhaps it was because it is a black van and it was easier for them to get someone at night. I even remembered the license plate.

"Mother?" "Yes, Honey?" "I know we are supposed to spend time together today, but I have to go down to the police station." "Why do you have to do that sweetie?" "Because I saw the black van last Sunday and I know the license plate." "Okay, be safe honey." "Bye, love you Mom." "Love you too." Before I walked out I gave my mother a kiss and a weak smile and then headed to the station.