Home at last (17)

Opening my eyes, I looked around to see that I was in a hospital. My parents were standing beside me, and it took me a bit to remember what happened.

"Mom, dad how long have I been here?" My mother gave me the answer. "Oh honey, you have been asleep for twenty-four hours. The doctors said it was good to let you rest." After my mom spoke, my dad asked the next question, "dear are you hungry." Was I hungry? Deciding that I was more thirsty than hungry, my dad went out to get the doctor and a glass of water.

A female doctor walked in with her staring at a clipboard. "Glad to hear that you are awake Esther. Now there are some good news and some bad news, which one do you want first?" "I guess I will go with the bad news first, doctor." "Okay, well I am sorry to say, but the police have to come in to question you." "That's what the bad news is? I am glad that's all, so what is the good news?" "Esther, results came back in, and it showed that in the days that Darrien and Damien had you, you were never raped." That is good news. The Lord kept me protected. "Doctor, what happened to Darrien?" "I am sorry to say that is more bad news. The police still haven't located him, so they have a police officer guarding the outside of the door now. Esther, I must be going. I have other patients to see. I will be back later to check on you, and in the meantime, the officers will come in for your statement."

I bid the doctor a good-bye, and my dad came in with my water as the doctor was walking out. "Here is your water sweetie." "Thanks Dad." I took my water and drank half the glass. Once I was finished with the water, I set it by the nightstand that was close to the bed.

Officer Stark came in to get my statement, and five minutes into the questioning a second officer walked in. "Sir we have some news on Darrien." "Okay let's take it outside." "Wait office Stark can you stay, please. I want to know what has happened." "Alright what is the news?" "Well sir he was shot. I think he found out who gave us the anonymous tip, and he set out to get revenge. He found the person and shot him. While he was walking away, the guy shot him in the back. Both are dead." Oh no is it Ian? "Officer who is the one to give the tip?" Both officers looked surprised when I asked that. The officer who walked in to tell the news was the one to give me the answer. "Well the detectives have found out it was an Ian Smith." Oh poor Ian. "Esther are you alright? Did you know him?" "Yes, I went to school with him. Officer can I rest a bit please before more questioning?" "Yes Esther, I think that will be best. I will be back later."

Both officers left the room, and I fell back to sleep with tears running down my face.

A couple days later, I got to go back home to my family. 

-------------
A/N

Hey guys, I am sorry to report to you that this book is coming to an end, but I am glad to say that there is one more chapter. I know it's not much but hey at least there is one more.

Thank you for taking the time to read this story and have a great day. 😄🤣😀😁😆

Love you guys 😘