Chapter 12

{SHIZUKA'S POV}

I watch as this so-called Mika girl runs up to y/n crying and hugging her.

She then stops to peer at me and her jaw drops.

"A BOYFRIEND?!! WHAT?!" Mika gasps and points at me.

"He's actually pretty cute." I hear her whisper and roll my eyes.

Grabbing her arm, I drag y/n away from her, she isn't talking for some reason.

"Wait up!" Mika squeaks.

I don't know what to say. What's wrong with her? I mean nothing has happened.. I hope. Maybe I should ask her..

"Uh- are you okay?" I brush my hair out of my eyes.

She shudders and starts to shake, her eyes twitch with anger and it shocks me a little I must admit.

"He.. he hurt Angie.." She clenches her fists and I grab her by the shoulders. "Who??!!"

"M-Minoru.. that little.." her knuckles start turning extremely red. I grab her hands and place them on my shoulders.

"Calm down.. take deep breaths-" Mika interrupts me by pushing me out of the way.

"She only needs one supportive best friend and that's me!"

SMACK

"mmf.." a groan and a gasp could be heard as my eyes quickly catch sight of the red patch on Mika's cheek.

"I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOU! WHY CAN'T YOU JUST STAY OUT OF EVERYTHING.. YOU-" y/n screams, her hair flying in rage as her cheeks grow redder each word.

"You don't get it.." she bows her head.

A wave of guilt flies over me yet I know I'm not the one causing problems.

I look over at Mika and her face is full of pain and sadness.

"Mika.."

"I'm sorry."

Mika drops her head in shame. She slowly drags her feet along the rough ground, she stops all of a sudden, turning around with a tear running down her cheek.

"Next time you don't want me around, just say, you don't have to hide it anymore." She turns back around and slowly gets smaller.

Y/n turns to me and falls into my arms in despair. I don't know what to do!?

I wrap my arms around her and squeeze her into a tight yet comforting hug, I wish I could never let her go..

"Why do I mess everything up?" She cries into my shoulder, her voice coming out muffled and in sobs.

"Y/n, I have to tell you something."

Her cries stop and her beautiful yet innocent face looks up at mine.

"Whatever happens, I just want you to know, I'll always be beside you, protecting you and all that uh- stuff." I tilt my head to one side and smile.

Her eyes sparkle and her cheeks go a deep red. I lead her to the school gates in a secluded location and sit down, patting next to me to signal for her to sit too.

Little did they know Minoru was watching from a tree.

His raged self was about to unleash.

{Third person}

Shizuka could detect a dangerous source nearby and edged in front of y/n.

She gave him a look of confusion but he had to ignore her for her safety.

Minoru edged closer and closer before swinging a punch directly at Shizuka, Shizuka was caught off guard and he took the hit, flying backwards into the gate.

"I told you she's mine." Minoru tugs on y/n's arm, Shizuka goes for a punch but misses, he only focused on outsmarting and therefore was not very good at violence.

"Come on kid, that can't be your true skill can it?" Minoru cackles.

Shizuka was panting with red cheeks, he swore he would protect you with all his might.

Minoru slowly walks out of the room holding me, I tried to pull away but his grip was so strong my arm felt like it literally ripped out of its socket.

How did this pure new student turn into such an obsessive monster?

I saw the rage and despair in Shizuka's eyes. He turned to me and signalled for me to cause a distraction. I winked and fell on my knees, coughing.

Minoru bent down and grabbed me angrily, I yelped and stayed fixed to the ground. Shizuka grabbed my other free arm but their grip weakened when a voice interrupted us.

"Excuse me Mr Adachi, and.. Miss (l/n, and.. uh." She looks at Minoru, me and then Shizuka slightly confused yet horrified.

"What is going on here?! All three of you to my office. NOW."

-Time skip, at the headteacher's office-

"Minoru Adachi. I would never expect such behaviour of someone like you. This is unacceptable."

"You are no longer representing the class, you no longer will be the leader of anything, you are now just a normal pupil. You're dismissed." She waves to the door and Minoru drags himself out of the room.

"Miss (l/n) were these 2 boys harassing you? Please be truthful."

I squirm in my seat, unsure of what to say. I didn't know whether to snitch, it could get me rid of Minoru.. but then there's Shizuka.

"Miss, you just happened to walk in at the wrong moment." I pulled a fake smile.

"Are you sure? That does not explain your watery eyes." She moves her glasses up.

"I have.. uh.. hay fever? And these boys weren't doing anything I was fine." I stand up and pick up my bag, the teacher doesn't let me leave yet though.

"Ma'am. Sorry to interrupt but she is lying. The other boy was being very pushy, we were trying to escape. I was not part of this violent act, I was just helping her." Shizuka's eyes set a cold glare to the door.

"I will continue this matter later." She sighs "Are you a new student? If so, name please."

"Shizuka Abiko."

Miss nods.

"Before you leave, remember to wear appropriate school attire."

We walk out to see Minoru's fists clenched. He clearly heard the conversation. He didn't look very happy about it.

I think I'll avoid them both today. And maybe for the rest of the week.