CH 48 HIT-THE-ROAD

Two updates in less than 24 hours! I'm on fire!!
Soundtrack above: Sweet Ophelia by Zella Day!

Vote, comment, etc, etc!
==================

Throwing everything I could think of that could come in handy, I got ready with a bag of necessities that could last me through a zombie epoclipes. I was dressed in my most comfortable, ready for travel. I had my phone charged, bag packed and car ready. This is what it had come to, I had to do this. I was ready for it!

This is what last month's act had led to.

I put the bag in the back of the car then went to occupy the passenger seat.
Looking at Ashton, I gave him a peck when he asked me if I was ready and nodded.

--
I paced around in Ashton's office as I thought of what had just happened. I thought of how Ashton had declared that I was his girlfriend in front of all the employes.

Oh, dear, God!

"Why... How did you even get the idea to do it now?" I enquired then added "And a little heads-up would have been appreciable."

"I was reading your thoughts yesterday and this James Collins guy tried to come take what's mine. I don't want that happening anymore. I want you for me. That's why I wanted everyone to know that you are mine. And I'm never letting go." he said as he pulled me towards him

" Ashton, it is important for us to communicate about a big step like this. I get it that you thought of this because you wanted people to know you love me and that no one is good enough for me but you have to tell me about it. We have to talk about these big decisions and then decide if we want to go through it as a couple." I got out of his arms,"You cannot make decisions on your own for both of us. Communication is the key."

"I just thought it would be better if these people know... Even you felt that they should, yesterday." he defended

"I did, and I would have agreed for this crazy plan but  I did not see it coming and I'm just shaken right now." I replied

"Huh!" he sighed then pulled me to him "I'm sorry"

"Ugh, it's alright, I guess." I craved in his touch "they had to know someday. And this way it is so much better because I won't have to deal with V's cupid act!"

"V's what?" Ashton asked, confused

"Nothing that matters!" I pecked his lips "But, please, heads up next time. It would be great."

"Okay, I'm gonna give you heads up about this week. We are going to the place I grew up in. Well, at least nine years of it." he informed

"We are going to Burlington!?" I exclaimed "Woah! Really!? Chittenden county, right?"

"Yes, yes and yes." he smiled

--

That weekend had been so hectic that we had to postpone the plan to next month. Due to Ashton's big turnover, not only him but all the company was busy. There was a lot of paperwork, tally and mess involved.
Needless to say, I was treated like a royal after Ashton's confession. I did get hate from some of female population that always tried to sabotage my work but with V's support, it was easier to handle. At first, she was furious that I had not told her. But when I did tell her all about our relationship minus the werewolf part, she understood.