CH 53 TELEPATHY

Two songs by IMAGINE DRAGONS back to back, whatttttt!
No, but, seriously! This song is so powerful it would be sinful not to mention it!
It's called 'Believer'!
===============

We looked at the entrance to see if Stacy had penetrated Mila's trap or not but the silence in the air signified she hadn't.

"So you can contact him through telepathy?" Sam asked

I looked at him, apologetically, he was in this mess because he cared about me.

"Rach" he took a step towards me closing whatever distance we had "I know what you are thinking but you gotta try and contact Ashton for us to get out of this mess instead of feeling sorry for me right now."

" I don't think I can..." I trailed off.

" Did I hear right? Is this really coming from a brave girl who wasn't afraid of telling a teacher off when he was wrong in 9th grade? Or the girl who kicked ass of the whole entire football team because they passed comments about some random girl?" he smiled at me "You are very brave and capable of doing anything you believe in! I want you to try your best then declare if you can or cannot do it. Yes?"

"Yes." I nodded.

I had to at least give it a try.

Closing my eyes, I focused on my breathing. How hard can it be? I'm his mate, it shouldn't be hard to get into his brain.

Ugh, why couldn't I have agreed to learn this when Ashton was ready to teach me!?

Damn you, my procrastination side!

"Ashton" I muttered as I imagined opening my mind and extending it to him, wherever he was. I pressed on. All I could see was dark and hear silence along with Sam's breathing.

OH, c'mon!

I breathed out then tried once again. Focusing on my breathing and calming myself, I imagined Ashton standing in front of me, his blue eyes softly looking at me. Opening my mind, I imagined the connection to extend until it reaches him.

Nothing.

"Sam, I don't think I can do it." I whispered

"You can, keep trying." he encouraged "Imagine him, feel him, think of him like his mindset. Think of what he could be thinking of feeling. That's how telepathy works."

Ashton. His blue eyes. His tall height. His soft eyes looking at me with love. My wolfe. That little furball. He would be feeling anger right now. Very angry. He would also be feeling sad without my presence.

A flash of my memories passed through the black of my conversation with Mila and Anthony then it all went black.

What was that?

I opened my eyes and looked at a curious Sam, "I think I connected to him for a second. But it was so bizarre and all my memories."

"Can he read your mind as well?"

"Yes" I nodded
"Then you just scratched the surface of his brain. It's just his first layer, try deeper. To be able to communicate with him, you will have to go deep." Sam educated "Close your eyes and try again."

I closed my eyes and attempted again, now hyped and in believe that I can do it. I imagined him, felt him, thought of him.

Then I felt it. The presence of a blue wolfe in the dark afar. He looked at me; and i smiled at him. His eyes conveyed happiness. Then everything turned black.

Now, what was that? Did I go in too deep?

I exhaled and tried again.
Ashton. His comforting hug, his annoying bossy nature. Him. His smile.