Chapter Four; Buck Up

"Dude, you should have seen the rack on this girl though. Oh, God, I'm not trying to sound like a jerk here man, but she..." Carson mused, clasping at his heart. He nudged me with his elbow. We walked into study hall, signing our names on the "here" sheet in the front. "She was just somethin' else, man, I tell you. And she's Marlowe's friend. Anyway, to make a long story short-,"

"You know, usually people say 'to make a long story short' before they've already told the ridiculously long story."

"I need you to do me a favor," He continued, like I hadn't even spoken.

I quirked a brow, putting my bag down beside my desk and slid into my chair. "Depends. What kind of favor?"

"I need you to go out with her friend, DJ," He explained, slipping into his seat as well. Almost instantaneously, I groaned. He turned to me and leaned on his desk. "Come on, man. Marlowe's shy, you know that. She's playing hard to get but I think can finally score a date if you say yes to the double date. Let her see how amazing I really am. And DJ's gorgeous, dude. In reality, I'm kind of doing you a favor."

"Marlowe? Shy? Hah," I snickered, rolling my eyes. "You do know that I'm moving in, like, shorter than a month, right?"

"I feel you're the type of guy who could make long distance work."

I rolled my eyes and pursed my lips, jerking my chin to his cell phone on his desk. "Show me a picture."

He beamed and unlocked his phone, going to her Instagram, and pulled up a picture. He handed me his phone, a smug grin on his face.

The girl in the picture was at a beach. She was short and curvy, wearing a loose white tank top and light blue shorts. Her dark brown hair was curled down past her shoulders, one side tucked behind her ear. She was tan, which made her brilliant blue eyes stand out even more. Her plump pink lips were smiling, showing off brilliantly white teeth. Her hand was on her hip and her other hand was on a railing.

The girl, DJ, was beautiful. Utterly stunning, honestly. Still a bit unsure, however, I leaned back in my chair. "I don't know. You know how I feel about blind dates. They never really go well."

"She's Marlowe's friend, man! They've known each other since third grade! They sold girl scout cookies together or made cookies or something. Would I steer you wrong?"

I dragged my eyes away from the phone, furrowing my brows at him, causing him to roll his eyes.

"Would Marlowe ever steer you wrong, then, oh, friend of little faith?"

I pursed my lips but hesitantly nodded, handing the phone back. "Alright, fine. Sure. When are we going?"

Carson's smile widened and he slipped his phone into his back pocket. "I was thinking Friday after the game-,"

We were interrupted by the cackling of a group of school known hoodlums, and following at the head of their little group, was my sex friend/ blackmailer, Abel. I flushed and looked at my desk, twiddling my fingers. The four people rushed past my desk to find their seats and I almost yelped as one of them knocked into my desk. My head snapped up and Abel looked down at me, giving me a smirk.

"Oops," he snickered, his wild eyes glimmering. "My bad, Love."

My cheeks tinted pink and I gave a wave of my hand, doing my best to hide behind it. "Don't worry about it."

He smirked and clapped his hand on my back before joining his friends in their corner. I glanced over my shoulder slightly, watching as Abel took his place beside Kala, who smiled up at him, as he slapped hands with all of his friends. I chewed at my lip anxiously and Carson snorted.